Dish Remote Access Android App Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tony i've snet you a private message with my e mail again for i never received the apk file for the app at all today. i never got it on my phone or my pc and on my pc it never showed up in the spam bin. Please try again. As for me having a problem with T-Mobile in my area, a few weeks ag I went by train to New York City and tried it on the train as we gtraveled up there from Philly. I was unable to connect by 2g up there either and i'm sure I was in a different area. so to me the problem is cpovering a good part of the cournty.

Ron

I caught that you didn't receive the email with the link in it. I sent an email to you with the website link. Plug that link into your browser on the phone and see if that helps. Again, I have not been able to find the .apk installer for DRA other then in the market. I even went through my phone (ES File Explorer) and could not find it on my phone at all. If for whatever reason that link does not give us success, I will try to connect my phone to my computer and do a more finite search for the .apk. Sorry that the attempt I made at getting you DRA did not work. I am going to check and see if I can even send it to my phone, and if not I will get with the webmaster for that site and tell them it stinks, for lack of a better phrase.

--Update-- I put my Gmail account associated with my phone into the website and it took about 2 seconds for it to show. I clicked the link in the email and it took me to the market location for the file and told me it was already installed. I don't know if that will help you Ron, but you can certainly try it. You mentioned you could find it on the market for whatever reason it would not download due to an error. This may not help, but I tried. Working on something else we can try. Will get back ASAP

--Update-- Forwarded the email from my Gmail account.

Last edited:
Tony I was able to plug in the url you sent me and it went to to the proper page on my phone's browser. But, when I clicked on "download" it came back with the same response. Unable to find app. What gives? Why can't my phone find the app? The few times it has found the app and you click on it it says it's not there, and once or twice it downloaded but failed to install. what gives?

I will look for the DRA installer on my phone again. In the meantime try Max's idea. Sorry this has been such a bear for you, Ron. That link of Max's may make it easier for my search to find the installer, but you might be able to get it quicker through that link.

Last edited:
Tony and Max I tried Max's idea. The download failed for it states "the content isn't supported on my phone ." I guess i'm just out of luck of ecver having this app on my phone again. Is that true?

Try downloading it to a PC, then drag and drop when your phone is connected. Open it once it is on the phone. You may have to allow apps not on Market, it is in settings/applications (not sure if your phone works like mine).

Is this the name pof the file? Tha's what I downloaded to my pc but seems to be the wrong name. If it is wrong what should i renmae the file to?com.sm.SlingGuide.Dish-e4df60e08b099e33d9df364707b47fb1.apk

Copy the actual name to a notepad page or something, then change the name to DN.apk. See if that helps. The downloaded app may not be recognized. With the name copied, you can make it "normal" again should that not work. .apk is the only extension it should have. Looks like it has too many . in it. That is just my opinion as I have only downloaded one thing out of market and it installed a .apk file only (it was a game).

Well it worked. I renamed the file on my pc to the file name dn.apk and copied it to my download folder on my sd card in my phone. It did install. Thanks.
The program still works on wi-fi but not 3g. It gives the same reply when trying 3g as it had previously. One thing that happened this time that didn't before. Instead of tuning tv 2 tuner to the channel I requested it changed the channel on tv 1.

Atleast we tackled the problem of getting the app on my phone. I actually never thought i'd never get it back on to the phone again.

Ron

Well, I wasn't gonna give up on it. You should forward that installer to me on that gmail account (backup in case I run into the issue again). Glad it is back! Check your online account information with T-Mobile and see if you are over 5GB of use (for the 3G/WiFi issue). As far as changing the channels on TV1 you have to tell the app you want to watch it on phone to get it to control TV2 (which is not available unless you are in Wi-fi or **if** the mode is set to single). The watch on TV turns your phone into a TV1 remote pretty much.

i'll e mail it to you mail account you sent to me. As for changing tuner 1 instead of 2. It previously only changed tuner 2 when I was using it before my last file deletion. I have the 722k set for dual mode. Plus I did selct view on phone. As for my download for the month. My billing cycle just started over on the 17th so i'm definitely under the 5Gb cap that's not suppposed tobe capped.

ron

I know its not supposed to be, but they say it is on the website after 5GB. You should give them a call and see if there is some other limitation that might be able to explain this, or have them walk you through the upgrade for the network connection. Call from a home phone and call their tech support. Just ask them how to update for any new cell towers/network changes. That may be the last of the issue there. Someone posted #611 from the handset updated it. Give it a shot?

Sweet! I'm glad you were able to get it to work, ronfelder. I've really enjoyed the Android app. Now I just need to get an upgrade to a sling capable HDDVR so that I can fully utilize the features.

Max Wright said:
Sweet! I'm glad you were able to get it to work, ronfelder. I've really enjoyed the Android app. Now I just need to get an upgrade to a sling capable HDDVR so that I can fully utilize the features.

I was able to finally install the app.It still doesn't work with 3g which was the original problem before I uminstalled it. At that point is where you saw me battling to find, download and install it.

Ron

Tony I just got off thephone with T-Mobile. They were very nice and helpful but the problem still isn't resolved. Basically she told me that other people with other makes and models of Android phone on the T-Mobile network have the same problem. That the app is a third party app and that they can only do so much. They feel that perhaps Dish made an upgrade to the app and that is why my phone and others don't work on their 3g network.Did you put out a newer version since my app stopped working? They said there is nothing wrong with the network ,for other apps work. They didn't do any upgrade to their 3g network. That other phones with newer versions of Android are having problems too. The tech I spoke to couldn't find the app either on her phone.
As for the cap for anything above 5gGb of donwload. I was told that i've never gone over the cap. That when they throttle it goes down to 50Kbs. The app will never work at that speed. Whe they said I never reached the cap I said that was only because I was unable to use the app with 3G. If I was able to do so i'm sure i'd exceed the cap. I was also told that all wireless providers have a cap.
So Tony i'm basically stuck until they admit that there is a problem with their network if there is one, or until I purchase a new phone once my two year obligastion is up in 2012.

I don't know what else to do Tony but thanks for your help. If you have any other ideas or suggestions i'm open to them.

Ron

At some point, probably this year, Motorola will release 2.1 for your phone.Then, after you upgrade, many of these mysteries will evaporate. I hope!

I hope you are correct. But if I understood the tech correctly they were having problems with this app on phones that had the latetest verion of Android.

Ron

Did you try the #611 from your handset? Or try to get a "network" update for your phone? The agent you spoke with should have been able to help you out with that.

There is something not jiving here, and the app from T-Mobile works dandy in my neck of the woods. Found it in two shakes on the colleagues phone, ran it and hit a Sling Adapter and a VIP922 without hesitation. Used 3G and it was there. There was a little lag connecting and a minor one when changing the channels, which was expected. Different phone, different Android version, different network coverage area. We did get word from that gentleman who had version 1.5 (Droid) same as you and the app ran smooth. Different carrier though, and he was hitting the adapter with 3G. I refuse to believe (to my demise, possibly) that there is anything wrong with your phone or its ability to use the app. I think it is more the ability of your phone to connect to the network at maximum capacity which is why the app still works on Wi-Fi for you and not 3G. Try the update and see Ron. I got my fingers, toes AND eyes crossed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts