Dish Remote Access Android App Help

Calling 611 not #611 is the same as calling their 877 number. Using the pound sign gives you no connection. They also said that theere was no updatre for my phone for their 3g network. They felt that you guys upgraded the app enough to prevent it from working on their network. I basically didn't anywhere with them.
They can't do more than what was said do to they don't support third party apps which is what the DRA is.

Dish Network App Won't Launch

I've installed and reinstalled the Dish Network App on my Sprint Sanyo Zio Droid however I cannot get it to load. Any help with getting this to work will be greatly appreciated!

I am having trouble getting my receiver (vip722k) to show up in the app most of the time. I get a "in order to access your receiver needs to be connected to your broadband network" message in the app.
If I am at home, I can go to through the System Setup, Installation, Broadband Setup, then reset the connection--although it shows it is connected online--then it allows me to see my dvr in the app. If I am at work, not much I can do other than use the internet on my cell phone to record something, since my work's firewall blocks any website that is sling related.
I'm wondering if there is a setting in my router that is dropping the connection or if it is timing out? I am using a "homeplug" the installer gave me which seems to work fine (shows it is connected and I have been able to download some shows using broadband before). Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Im getting the same issue. It will always tell me that my 722 is not connected. The funny thing is whenever I get that message, I can go to my grid, and then my DVR to side-step the error message and get to my recordings. Hopefully Dish can fix this, so I can go straight to my DVR Recordings.

I was looking into some of the error messages and "shopping" for answers all around. In regards to the "in order to access your receiver needs to be connected to your broadband network"and the other "numbered" messages that I have seen (i.e. system is being updated, etc) I found an interesting fix. Someone actually mentioned that a FW update on the router actually caused the Sling Adapter to stop being able to "Sling" content [blocked the automatic opening of port 5102(?) used when the Sling Adapter called the mother ship]. They rolled back the FW to an earlier version and sure enough, all was well. They then disabled the automatic updates on the router. Seemed interesting and I thought I would post that information here for those of you receiving an error message.

I have had this issue with T-mobile on 3 vibrants on 3g. Unable to connect to dish remote access via 3g on via wifi. I can however tether my laptop or Iphone to my vibrant and it works fine. T-mobile seem to have some sort of block on the app.

Its strange, but again the T-Mobile in service in my area does not have that issue. Again, my colleagues phone works fantastically and I get a picture everytime I use it. It can't be that the app has been "upgraded" so it doesn't work on a particular service. BTW, I have a way that may save the day. Try saying that ten times fast. It actually worked on some Iphone accounts that would crash the app when logging in. It is entirely possible this will fix the issue, although this particular one is not the same as the one that the Iphone users were having. Thought I would put this out there as a possible fix and let you know that you are not abandoned! If for any reason you are still having issues with the app on a particular platform, PM me and I will advise you what I am going to do. I guess I need a guinea pig.

Last edited:
For those of you having the issue with T-Mobile, I have not forgotten about you. Something that may help for now is enabling UPnP on your router. I have made contact with someone who can help in this problem rather quickly. Look for the T-Mobile issue to be a thing of the past in the near future! Thanks for you patience while I got this in the hands best suited to deal with it.

Last edited:
have the same issue kept telling me there was an update available for dish remote acess when tried to download kept giving me an error of download failed so i uninstalled dish remote access and now i can not find it in the market i have a motorola ciq xt usinf android 1.5 and according to motorola's website due to techinical reasons and the testing they did it is now not going to be upgraded to android 2.1 as previously promised so now what can i do to get the app back on my phone as i still have 1 yr left on contract and i'm on t-mobile please help

Well I've turned on the UPnP feature of my router per TonyT's request and my android still won't connect.

I now have a new problem but this time on my I Touch. It used to run DRA perfectly. But after Thursday nights update to the program through the I tunes store it no longer works correctly. It connects and all. but now I get an entirely white screen with audio. What gives? Anyone who alos happens to have an I Touch or I Phone have this problem too?

That's one step forward, and two back.

Ron

Ron

Does T-Mobile Specifically Block Access From DISH Remote Access?

For those of you having the issue with T-Mobile, I have not forgotten about you. Something that may help for now is enabling UPnP on your router. I have made contact with someone who can help in this problem rather quickly. Look for the T-Mobile issue to be a thing of the past in the near future! Thanks for you patience while I got this in the hands best suited to deal with it.

Wow, it looks like I found the right forum to compare notes. I bought a Garminfone last year. It is an Android OS. It is on T-Mobile. I bought the Sling Adapter and connected it to my DISH 722k around Thanksgiving 2010. It originally worked great! Then at some point it would work via wifi, but not on T-Mobile data. I even went from Android OS 1.6 (Donut) to Android 2.1 (Eclair). It did still work via 3G after to upgrade to 2.1, so it was a few weeks after that upgrade that it stopped working. Are we any closer to a solution on this? I even went so far as to stop at a T-Mobile store and try logging in on their Dell Streak and Samsung Galaxy Tablets, but it would not work on those devices either, so that has lead me to believe that the problem is not my Android device, but rather something else, probably the T-Mobile carrier.

When I view guide data on my Atrix it only shows Latino channels! I have gone into the filters and nothing is checked. Any ideas how I can see all the guide data? I don't even subscribe to the Latino package. I have AEP and Platinum.

When I go to dishonline.com it shows the full guide.

Last Friday I had my 622 receiver upgraded to a 722K for the additional hard drive storage and the additional OTA tuner that will allow 4 concurrent timers. The technician did a great job swapping out the unit and it works great EXCEPT that I am unable to set timers through remote access. The 622 worked fine. The 722K is connected to my broadbad network (AT & T DSL) via ethernet cable and I have set a new Nickname for the 722K and activated it online. From my Moto Droid phone (ver 2.2.1) on VRZ 3G and WiFi at home, I can see the new receiver through the Dish Android App and I am able to control my receiver with the on-screen virtual remote. I can also see timers that are set but I CANNOT see any program guide data for the Grid nor can I see any of the existing recordings on the DVR When I try to look at the Grid or the DVR I get "No Records Found." I have rebooted the 722K and uninstalled and reinstalled the Dish Android App. Any suggestions? I called Dish tech support and the guy I was talking too admitted he was not familiar with the remote access through Android phones and suggested I try Dish Chat. I thought I would try here first since my last experience with Dish Chat was not very productive.

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my Dish Network Android App and remote access from my computer works just fine with all the info being displayed. So........., nevermind.

Ron, I ran into your issue with a point-blank question from the platform manager. It is known and being corrected. Is DRA working on the Android yet for you? Software released a bit ago.

Ron, I ran into your issue with a point-blank question from the platform manager. It is known and being corrected. Is DRA working on the Android yet for you? Software released a bit ago.

Still not working in 3G for me. If I understand your reply a new version has been released.
Well if it has my phone doesn't show app in the marketplace and has never been updated since previously installed version.

Ron

Try starting up the Market, then use Menu - My Apps and see if it gives you a list of apps you can upgrade. I did this last night and upgraded 5 apps all at once. ;)

TonyT,

Can you tell me why my Dish app will only show the Latino channels in my guide listing? I have cleared data, uninstalled and downloaded again. Once I log in it starts at channel 269-273 then 309 then 827-884. It won't show me any of my actual subscribed channels. I have AEP and do NOT subscribe to the Latino package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)