Dish Remote Access- deleting recordings not working?

M

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2007
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

J

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 11, 2008
Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Some shows I am able to delete, others give me the same message the OP is seeing. I've also found if I later try I can sometimes (but not always) delete a show that had originally given me the message about not being able to be deleted.

I don't think if the show is protected (so if you were to try and delete it on the DVR it would prompt you for a PIN) has anything to do with this as I've been able to delete protected shows with no problem using the DISH Remote Access in the past.

Dirtydan

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
I can't delete from i-Pad, also I recorded from the i-Pad and then tried to delete in the 722 got the request for pin #, as it was protected, entered pin# and it said it was not the right pin.
Dan

N

netmaster

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 25, 2010
Asheville, NC
mhowie said:
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

I can record watch and delete programs just fine from both my PC and my Droid. I have a 922 though. Ever since the last few updates it's been working perfectly for me. Just awesome! Lovin it!

bookworm370

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Same thing here on both my 622 and 722k. Says it received an error and could not delete the recording. Dish messed something up.

Dirtydan

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
Today I tried to delete a program, prompt showed "Deleting" then "Not deleted Unknown error" or something to that effect. Then I went to DVR on my 722 in my den and checked for the program I tried to delete, it was gone.
Dan