Dish Remote Access- deleting recordings not working?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Some shows I am able to delete, others give me the same message the OP is seeing. I've also found if I later try I can sometimes (but not always) delete a show that had originally given me the message about not being able to be deleted.

I don't think if the show is protected (so if you were to try and delete it on the DVR it would prompt you for a PIN) has anything to do with this as I've been able to delete protected shows with no problem using the DISH Remote Access in the past.

I can't delete from i-Pad, also I recorded from the i-Pad and then tried to delete in the 722 got the request for pin #, as it was protected, entered pin# and it said it was not the right pin.
Dan

mhowie said:
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

I can record watch and delete programs just fine from both my PC and my Droid. I have a 922 though. Ever since the last few updates it's been working perfectly for me. Just awesome! Lovin it!

Today I tried to delete a program, prompt showed "Deleting" then "Not deleted Unknown error" or something to that effect. Then I went to DVR on my 722 in my den and checked for the program I tried to delete, it was gone.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)