Dish Remote Access- deleting recordings not working?

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. Some shows I am able to delete, others give me the same message the OP is seeing. I've also found if I later try I can sometimes (but not always) delete a show that had originally given me the message about not being able to be deleted.

I don't think if the show is protected (so if you were to try and delete it on the DVR it would prompt you for a PIN) has anything to do with this as I've been able to delete protected shows with no problem using the DISH Remote Access in the past.

I can't delete from i-Pad, also I recorded from the i-Pad and then tried to delete in the 722 got the request for pin #, as it was protected, entered pin# and it said it was not the right pin.
Dan

mhowie said:
This afternoon I attempted to delete a couple of programs from my VIP612 via Dish Remote Access. Each time I was presented with an dialog box indicating something to the effect, "Event not deleted, unknown error encountered". I was able to delete using my remote through the TV monitor.

Anyone else currently experiencing this issue? I am able to record programs using Dish Remote Access.

I can record watch and delete programs just fine from both my PC and my Droid. I have a 922 though. Ever since the last few updates it's been working perfectly for me. Just awesome! Lovin it!

Today I tried to delete a program, prompt showed "Deleting" then "Not deleted Unknown error" or something to that effect. Then I went to DVR on my 722 in my den and checked for the program I tried to delete, it was gone.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts