Dish Remote Access now shows Extended Hard Drive contents

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
This might be old news ... but I was poking around remote access to see what shows were coming up in the next few days.

When I looked in My DVR and Recordings, it was also showing what was on my attached USB drive.

It did not do this before. I wonder if this is new as of update 622?

It appears you can manage the extended drive contents too as far as deletion goes. I have not tried it though.

Anyway ... for those that are slow like me ... now you know :up

This might be old news ...

This has been available since L621, IIRC. The bad thing about it is that they don't separate the internal and external drives, and it only shows space available on the internal drive. So...you can delete shows from the EHD, but you really can't "manage" it. :confused:

Brad

I have a 622 and have successfully deleted content from the external drive. It would be very helpful to be able to transfer from the internal to external. That would be a very useful update

This has been available since L621, IIRC. The bad thing about it is that they don't separate the internal and external drives, and it only shows space available on the internal drive. So...you can delete shows from the EHD, but you really can't "manage" it. :confused:

Brad

That might explain it then. I have a 722 and had been on L618 forever. I finally just got L622 about a week or so back.

I do not see this on mine unless you are accessing this differently than I am trying to.

What type of receiver do you have? Maybe it only does it with certain ones?

I'm not thrilled with the 'feature' at all!

I use my EHD's to store archival material (moves, etc). I really don't want see it unless it works like the real guide does where you select the 'my media' folder.

I understand that they transmit the entire contents but it would be nice to have a button like the 'HD Only' checkbox that says 'Local Only or EHD only'

If you have a ton of archived programs then the 'now' tab becomes pretty useless.

I'm not thrilled with the 'feature' at all!

I use my EHD's to store archival material (moves, etc). I really don't want see it unless it works like the real guide does where you select the 'my media' folder.

I understand that they transmit the entire contents but it would be nice to have a button like the 'HD Only' checkbox that says 'Local Only or EHD only'

If you have a ton of archived programs then the 'now' tab becomes pretty useless.

I agree with all of this, plus it takes a long time for a receiver with an EHD to come on line (I guess because the EHD has to wake up first).

Brad

I agree with all of this, plus it takes a long time for a receiver with an EHD to come on line (I guess because the EHD has to wake up first).

Brad

Do you have a 622 by an chance?

The reason I ask is that I have 3 receivers, 1-622, 1-722k and 1-612.

The 722k and 612 comes online almost immediately. The 622 is always last and waits for the EHD to spin up. All 3 have the same WD EHD's so I know that all 3 do spin down.

I saw this a couple of days ago with my 722.

I have a few shows recorded in there from Voom channels. A movie from MonstersHD shows as coming from TMC and a concert from RaveHD shows as coming from MTV. Strange. :rolleyes:

Nice to see my OTA channels are incorporated into the online guide as well.

I don't subscribe to the distants but are AAD channels in there yet?

Do you have a 622 by an chance?

The reason I ask is that I have 3 receivers, 1-622, 1-722k and 1-612.

The 722k and 612 comes online almost immediately. The 622 is always last and waits for the EHD to spin up. All 3 have the same WD EHD's so I know that all 3 do spin down.

Yeah, it's the 622 with the EHD. My 722 (w/o EHD) comes up very fast. Do your 612 and 722k have EHDs?

Brad

I have a 622 and have successfully deleted content from the external drive. It would be very helpful to be able to transfer from the internal to external. That would be a very useful update
That would be awesome. For instance, I'm planning on going to Ecuador next Feb, during the winter Olympics. I'm planning on recording all the curling matches (which, unfortunately, will be part of very long blocks of programming). As such, I'm thinking my 622 will fill up fast. Sure would be nice to be able to move stuff to the archive so I didn't miss anything.

I just tried it - yes, that is a nice upgrade. I have a 722.
I agree, moving something to the EHD appears to be the next logical update.
It does appear you can delete (under manage disk space) - although I didn't try it since I don't want to delete anything right now from my EHD.
Perhaps an option to view "My DVR" by device (DVR/EHD) - to avoid the spinup time when you don't want to.
I have my custom group folders now on the DVR, would be nice to have them on the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts