Dish Remote disconnects and Hopper 3 freezes

tpribors

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Three times today I've had this problem. I'm watching programming on the Dish Remote app (6.6.13 on an Amazon Fire 10HD). The programming gets many buffering spinners. Then it tries to reconnect and it's like the WIFI has collapsed. If I switch back to the Hopper on the primary TV the programming appears to be playing, but the remote is completely unresponsive (it doesn't respond to the SAT button, so the second time I switched to it using the input selector on the TV). Once switched the remote was extremely unresponsive - taking as long as a minute to respond to the HOME button. Eventually I gave up and rebooted.

It quickly did the same thing...

Dish version U927 5/25/2020, 11:17PM.

You need to call Dish.

Oh, I have. You see, I just found this place. I had reported this and other problems on the old Dish forum when they hosted it. All I ever got there was "reset your hopper, reinstall the app, verify your blah blah blah, give us your user name and PIN and (nothing will happen)". Well, the problem went away maybe 5 or 6 months ago. Today it came back. So I'm reporting the problem again here. It does seem that Dish folks wander in every once in a while, but what level of reporting these problems as actual bugs that get logged so engineering sees them and does something about them remains to be seen.

Oh, I have. You see, I just found this place. I had reported this and other problems on the old Dish forum when they hosted it. All I ever got there was "reset your hopper, reinstall the app, verify your blah blah blah, give us your user name and PIN and (nothing will happen)". Well, the problem went away maybe 5 or 6 months ago. Today it came back. So I'm reporting the problem again here. It does seem that Dish folks wander in every once in a while, but what level of reporting these problems as actual bugs that get logged so engineering sees them and does something about them remains to be seen.

Hello, tpribors. For Dish Anywhere issues only we can be emailed here for further assistance and feedback submission. This email cannot troubleshoot other equipment or help with any account concerns.

Three times today I've had this problem. I'm watching programming on the Dish Remote app (6.6.13 on an Amazon Fire 10HD). The programming gets many buffering spinners. Then it tries to reconnect and it's like the WIFI has collapsed. If I switch back to the Hopper on the primary TV the programming appears to be playing, but the remote is completely unresponsive (it doesn't respond to the SAT button, so the second time I switched to it using the input selector on the TV). Once switched the remote was extremely unresponsive - taking as long as a minute to respond to the HOME button. Eventually I gave up and rebooted.

It quickly did the same thing...

Dish version U927 5/25/2020, 11:17PM.
If it is your WiFi collapsing, then there could be some kind of electrical issue in your house. For example, my Echo Dot uses WiFi to play streaming music, and I carry a small Bluetooth speaker with me to listen to it throughout my house. This works great, except that every time I use the microwave, the music will cut out. Sometimes it is a momentary drop-out, other times it stays knocked out until the microwave is done. Then, the music will return on its own. When the music returns, it resumes at the exact point in the song where it dropped out. Therefore, it does not seem to be an issue with the Bluetooth, but rather with the WiFi signal being interfered with and buffering. This started happening after we moved the microwave and plugged it into a different outlet. So, that may be one thing to check, to see if it helps with your issue. Years ago, I had a different microwave in a different room, and it would knock out the satellite signal on my Directv receiver every time I used that microwave.