Dish Requiring Tech To Come Out ($29 fee) To Replace 1000.2 LNB

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Dish Network is requiring a technician to come out in order for me to get my DPP 1000.2 lnb replaced. They also want to charge me $29. They offered to waive the fee just this one time. I told them that this was rediculous since I knew what I was doing and they said there was no option to mail out an lnb for a 1000 dish and that I take it that they would definitely charge me next time I have a problem like this again. I also don't want to wait and wait for an x number of hours for someone to show up with no shows like I hear so much about which is besides the point. They said that the option was still there for a 300/500 dish to mail out the lnb for that. They also told me that I might move the dish out of alignment while putting the lnb on. What is the deal with this company? No wonder why they are losing subscribers. I tried twice to get them to mail me one and they denied to do it twice. I have the DHPP warranty on my account.

They are correct in what they are doing. There have been waaaayyyyy toooo many times when a customer says they can do and end up making the problem worse. This is for their own protection and to help cut down on service issue phone calls.

The main reason for sending a tech is to make sure it is the LNB and not something else. What if it isn't the LNB? Now you have to make another call.

If you had your system for more than 90 days and you have the DHPP then yes your service call will only be $29. Most local retailers do not charge for 6 months.

As per your contract there is a $29 charge for service after 90 days if you have DHPP and if you don't they can charge as much as $99.

I forgot to add that there is another option.

I you feel that it will cost you more to pay $29 for service call and the time waiting for a tech to come out, you can always buy and LNB and install it yourself.

Just a thought.

I'd pay the $29 just to not have to mess around with it. Like others have said, it might also be something other than a faulty LNB. $29 seems pretty cheap given what everything else costs these days.

No doubt !!! I had a man come out to service my air conditioner and it was $150 just for him to show up. That covered the first hour only and it was $95 per hr afterward.

It just amazes me how people complain or threaten to switch service over a $29 service charge for their TV but say nothing for ALL other service fields. What does it cost to get your car repaired or to just have your oil changed? How about your computer? How many people upgrade every time a faster or bigger mother board, video card, etc.... comes out. I'll bet you spend a hell of a lot more on those parts and don't expect the computer hardware or software companies to upgrade you for free. :rolleyes:

No doubt !!! I had a man come out to service my air conditioner and it was $150 just for him to show up. That covered the first hour only and it was $95 per hr afterward.

It just amazes me how people complain or threaten to switch service over a $29 service charge for their TV but say nothing for ALL other service fields. What does it cost to get your car repaired or to just have your oil changed? How about your computer? How many people upgrade every time a faster or bigger mother board, video card, etc.... comes out. I'll bet you spend a hell of a lot more on those parts and don't expect the computer hardware or software companies to upgrade you for free. :rolleyes:

I had a plumber for two days (15 hours) and the labor alone was $1600!:eek:

I install for dish and had my DPP LNB changed out for $29. I had LNB drift on both outputs if i bought an LNB you're talking about $50 bucks or more. i'd pay the $29 and have it done right that ias if the installer knows what to do??

Usually what happens when they ship parts is that the customer says they can do it themselves and manages to screw up the entire system. Then you go from an intermittent problem to something that the customer demands someone come out now to fix it.

Or better yet the customer tries to fix it themselves, and makes the problem even worse when the tech has to come out.

Yeap, and people who may be 100% capable of fixing the problem have to understand that Dish simply doesn't know, and can't know, that you can do it. They have to assume you can't...

I just bought a 1000.2 and the LNBs from a sponsor for $107 shipped. Yes, could have been cheaper to have Dish send a tech, but I would have wasted time away from work meeting him and then 2+ hours explaining my complicated setup. Worth the difference for me to be able to do it myself...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)