Dish Retail Price - 798$ for 942

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

firstmode

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
........ Do I really have to pay that to get it direct from Dish??? Is that what everyone else was told?

198$ for 811........ Even if you install it yourself and have your own 2nd dish.....

Theres one on ebay right now for $624 shipped... $800 sounds a little high for a 942. I dunno if I would buy one right now either with mpeg-4 right around the corner.

The price of the 811's should go down a ton next year as M4 becomes a relaity.

I lease a 942 and want to purchase a 2nd one, but don't want to do so until E* announces their 962 upgrade plan. Anyway, if you really want to purchase a 942 I would suggest buying from a reputable dealer like SatelliteGuys sponsors The Dishstore - they will price match authorized online retailers.

they told me the price does not change, even if I have my own dish, lnb, and do my own install!!!!!!!!!!!???

HokieEngineer said:
I dunno if I would buy one right now either with mpeg-4 right around the corner.
I get the feeling that there won't be a MPEG4 HD DVR out until next summer.

Probaly, but it would be worth the wait to get the best of 3 worlds in one, thats what i'm waiting for, and maybe if im a good boy i'll get my locals via dish in hd by then (crosses fingers)

Cyclone said:
I get the feeling that there won't be a MPEG4 HD DVR out until next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)