Dish Retail Price - 798$ for 942

firstmode

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
........ Do I really have to pay that to get it direct from Dish??? Is that what everyone else was told?

198$ for 811........ Even if you install it yourself and have your own 2nd dish.....

Theres one on ebay right now for $624 shipped... $800 sounds a little high for a 942. I dunno if I would buy one right now either with mpeg-4 right around the corner.

The price of the 811's should go down a ton next year as M4 becomes a relaity.

I lease a 942 and want to purchase a 2nd one, but don't want to do so until E* announces their 962 upgrade plan. Anyway, if you really want to purchase a 942 I would suggest buying from a reputable dealer like SatelliteGuys sponsors The Dishstore - they will price match authorized online retailers.

they told me the price does not change, even if I have my own dish, lnb, and do my own install!!!!!!!!!!!???

HokieEngineer said:
I dunno if I would buy one right now either with mpeg-4 right around the corner.
I get the feeling that there won't be a MPEG4 HD DVR out until next summer.

Probaly, but it would be worth the wait to get the best of 3 worlds in one, thats what i'm waiting for, and maybe if im a good boy i'll get my locals via dish in hd by then (crosses fingers)

Cyclone said:
I get the feeling that there won't be a MPEG4 HD DVR out until next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)