Dish Retailers.........Help!

hero_saku39

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Myself and a partner just got back into Installing after having quiting DTV installs in 01. It does not look like Dish installs will be profitable for us with the contract we have. We contract for a small retailer in a town of 11000 people. I have not been able to find what retailers commissions are. We would like to know what other retailers are paying their contractors/installers. Any info will help us to decide wether or not to drop Dish installs. Thank you.

That would depend on the retailer and what he is willing to pay. Where are you located. I may be able to help you a bit.

Installations

I can help as far as what one of the retailers pays here, We get $60 for the first box, $20 each after that for standard installs. If We give the sales lead, We get an extra $50. Super Dish add's $85 & I don't care if I do them or not because of pole mounts & concrete. Not many retailer will give out the commision amount they get from Dishnetwork, but My guess is around $150.

Hi,
We get $70 for the first receiver then $20 each after. $50 for an D500 upgrade, $40 each for additional receivers, full install pay for re-installs and $35 for service calls. Additional labor is $60 an hour and we keep it. We haven't done Super Dishes yet as there is little market for them in our part of Vermont. We provide vehicle, fuel and tools. The contractor we work for provides everything else.

LM

hero_saku39 said:
I have not been able to find what retailers commissions are.
Don't know if you will either, without reading the business rules (or having them memorized for the sake of Echo changing them ALL the time) I am sure there is confidentiality attached.

And CablerMN wins the kewpie doll. ;)

Let's just suffice it to say that when I am doing an install it's $100 for D500 + first TUNER, then $25 for each additional TUNER. So, a pair of x22 boxes is $175. My boss is VERY generous. On TOP of paying top-rate, he also supplies the supplies.

And, to get back to the original question, because I'm also the office slug, and DO know the B-Rs, I know he's still making a nice chunk of change on each job - as he should considering the investment, expenses, risks, and having to eat Charlie's $#!t.

What Simon gets the majority of others would not get that kind of pay for doing installs for a retailer. Simon's boss is very generous in his pay to him but knows that Simon knows what he is doing and Simon knows what he is getting paid. You may want to call around the retailers in your area to see what their pay to the installers is.

Be glad your not in Florida!!!!

Let me just say... WOW!!!!... I like to see information like that from other installers around the states.... However, Let me get back to my title...

Be glad your not in florida... they are CHEAP MONEY GRUBBING (insert nasty nasty words here)...

Currently, there are only 2.. yes 2! install companies where im at...

One company... they pay HOURLY! GASP! No exp 10$ an hour... with exp. 12.50 an hour.. exp with sat cert.. 15$ an hour... (horrid!)

Company 2... let me just say this, its 40 for the first box, 10 each additional, no wall fish.... no extra goes in tech's pocket .. ever... period.. end of story... in other words, if you have to rewire the house cause they have crap 59.. you get SQUAT! (but yet, you have to mark it on your paperwork... hmmm... can we say... ripping off the installer!)

As you can see, It's horrid on the Space Coast.. .and Orlando doesnt do much better....

Khandurian....

Around here that is excellent pay and many would be waiting in line for a job that pays that well. To those that get paid by the job currently at $40-75+ they would think that hourly pay would be bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)