DISH retention offers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The equipment fees would depend on how many TV's you want hooked up with independent viewing. If you currently use your two DVR's for only two TV's, then a bare minimum setup of a Hopper Duo and one Joey would cost you the same monthly amount you pay now. $10 Hopper Duo DVR fee + $7 Joey fee. As an alternative, if you want a completely separate DVR for the second TV, you could use a Wally instead of a Joey, which would also be the same monthly fee. For the Wally, you would need to add an external hard drive for DVR functionality. Existing recordings can be transferred from your ViP DVR's to an external hard drive. Those recordings can then be transferred to the Hopper Duo, or the Hopper Duo can play them back directly from the external hard drive without needing to transfer them again. Any external hard drive recordings from the ViP DVR's (or from the Hopper Duo) would not work with the Wally, though.
We have the 2 DVRs (to 2 TVs) because we needed 2 tuners per TV. I assume we'd run into the same problem with a Hopper Duo. Would we need a Hopper 3 and Joey?

Last edited:
We have the 2 DVRs (to 2 TVs) because we needed 2 tuners per TV. I assume we'd run into the same problem with a Hopper Duo. Would we need a Hopper 3 and Joey?
The solution that I suggested with a Hopper Duo and one Wally would still provide two tuners for each TV. In fact, the only way to be able to use the second Sat tuner on the Wally is by enabling DVR functionality. Without an external hard drive, it would act as a single-tuner receiver. Another option would be to use two Hopper Duos. There are two drawbacks to that, though. First, you would be required to purchase at least one of the Hopper Duos. Dish will not allow two leased Hopper Duos on the same account. Second, the additional receiver fee for the second Hopper Duo would raise your monthly bill. $10 Hopper Duo DVR fee (for the 1st Hopper Duo) + $15 Additional Hopper Duo fee = $25 in fees, compared to the $17 you are paying now. At that point, you would be better off (financially) getting a Hopper 3 and a Joey. $15 Hopper 3 DVR fee + $7 Joey fee = $22 in fees. The drawback of only having one Hopper (any type of Hopper) is that if the Hopper dies, you lose TV service to your entire house until the Hopper is replaced. The first solution (with a Wally) would help protect you from that. The Wally does not integrate with the Hopper in any way, and it is less likely that both receivers would die at the same time.

If you would be interested in purchasing a Hopper Duo anyway, please see my thread in the Classifieds section.

Reactions: Tvland1
I have $30 off that expires 10-15; I called and was offered $20 off for another term commitment, I said no for moment. My position gets stronger closer to 10-15, plus I want to see how all this plays out. A few years ago DISH installed an antenna for me, so I've got locals covered and if I quit DISH antenna stays. Trying out Fubo, Hulu, Youtube, and some of the others. Sling may be an option too, DISH's sister channel, but Sling also is lacking in a LOT of content.

DISH never has carried NBC Sports NW, so that's a plus if I go to anyone else. We do have Root Sports NW for the Mariners and Timbers soccer, but we don't get the NBA because its over on NBC Sports NW. Keep hearing rumors DISH will drop Root Sports too - like the Fox/Sinclair RSNs. No RSNs during the pandemic was no big deal, but it's over now, and college sports are starting to ramp up, and new NBA season will be here, so maybe some of this shifts?

Just got off the phone with Dish Loyalty and renewed my Preferred Customer agreement for another 2yr. commitment.
I have the Top 250+
Hopper 3 and one joey
The rep offered me $25.00 off
and $5.00 off the Dish Movie pack for 6 months.
He said to call back in 6 months and get it renewed. I do that anyway.
Edit: I have been a Dish customer for 13 yrs.
My only other option is Direct TV, no thanks.
Streaming maybe but we have DSL with CLink at 10 mbps, so that is not reliable. Also, it is my only internet option. We had satellite internet with Dish back in the day. I think it was called Blue Mountain ?? It wasn't bad at first but the longer we had it the slower it got. Rain was also a factor. DSL was not offered to us at that time, only landline.

Just got off the phone with Dish Loyalty( Aaron from Denver who was super nice and spoke clearly) :biggrin and renewed my Preferred Customer agreement for another 2yr. commitment.
I have the Top 200+ w locals and one HWS. My expired/expiring preferred offer was 86.46. My new bill was going to be 93.60. He gave me a 20.00 credit towards my new bill and then gave me a 2 year price lock of 83.60. So now i have another guaranteed 2 year price lock that is $2.86 less than my old agreement. So there is hope.:clapping 1-888-496-1260 was the number i used that was mentioned in this thread.

Just got off the phone with Dish Loyalty( Aaron from Denver who was super nice and spoke clearly) :biggrin and renewed my Preferred Customer agreement for another 2yr. commitment.
I have the Top 200+ w locals and one HWS. My expired/expiring preferred offer was 86.46. My new bill was going to be 93.60. He gave me a 20.00 credit towards my new bill and then gave me a 2 year price lock of 83.60. So now i have another guaranteed 2 year price lock that is $2.86 less than my old agreement. So there is hope.:clapping 1-888-496-1260 was the number i used that was mentioned in this thread.

How is your new bill for the above only $93.60 without credits? I have the same the same with the exception on a Joey and I’m over $130/mo?

10/03/20 - 11/02/20
Monthly TV America's Top 200 87.99
Local Channels 12.00
$99.99

10/03/20 - 11/02/20 Equipment
Loyal Cust Hopper DVR (Reg $15) 12.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
$19.00

Surcharges
FCC Regulatory Surcharge 0.05
$0.05

Taxes
Communications Services Tax 4.62
State/Local Tax (Sales) 1.96
Video Gross Receipts Tax 1.21
$7.79

New TV Charges $131.31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
I broke down and called Comcast and am all set in a few weeks.

I just am getting done with a $30 credit, DISH offered me $20 to keep going.

My internet is with Comcast and would be $90. My DISH price right now is like almost $130 for 120 plus (before the $30, and then $20 credit). So $130 + $90 (internet). = $220

My Comcast package for 220 channels has Showtime as well. Out the door price with all the stupid add ons is $158, including city taxes, RSN fee, HD fee, and all of that.. Its basically a $20 promo, so after 12 months it will be $178 (plus inflationary increases)

Even non-promo it is $42 less and I get the RSNs that DISH refuses to carry. The Hopper and PTAT is worth something. But dang is it worth $62:, $42 after promo? And That's not even including Showtime with DISH's numbers.

DISH is just the expensive option now. Way more expensive. New Motto for DISH should be "Pay more for Less."

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I broke down and called Comcast and am all set in a few weeks.

I just am getting done with a $30 credit, DISH offered me $20 to keep going.

My internet is with Comcast and would be $90. My DISH price right now is like almost $130 for 120 plus (before the $30, and then $20 credit). So $130 + $90 (internet). = $220

My Comcast package for 220 channels has Showtime as well. Out the door price with all the stupid add ons is $158, including city taxes, RSN fee, HD fee, and all of that.. Its basically a $20 promo, so after 12 months it will be $178 (plus inflationary increases)

Even non-promo it is $42 less and I get the RSNs that DISH refuses to carry. The Hopper and PTAT is worth something. But dang is it worth $62:, $42 after promo? And That's not even including Showtime with DISH's numbers.

DISH is just the expensive option now. Way more expensive. New Motto for DISH should be "Pay more for Less."

The biggest plus of Comcast is you can hook a Roku to any other TVs, still get their channels via the app and avoid the extra bo:mad:es) charge(s).

I am amazed that more Traditional Providers are not doing this, specially in today’s world where kids barely watch regular TV and do not need a full time box in their room.

Reactions: TheKrell
and the biggest negative of Comcast is that all of their channels, with the exception of 4K channels, are 720P.... That is nationwide.

and the biggest negative of Comcast is that all of their channels, with the exception of 4K channels, are 720P.... That is nationwide.
Did not Dish do HD Lite for a while, I do not know if they still do.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
The biggest negative of Comcast is their DVR. Slow, poorly made garbage that often fails. That alone would keep me from ever using them for TV

$62 a month difference. Yeah, I will miss PTAT and the Hopper, for sure.

But DISH is not even competitive anymore. Reality is when I first went to satellite in 2005 it was because I got more from satellite for less. I was able to get sports channels I could not get on cable. I was able tp pay less.

Now I can't get RSNs on DISH and I get less spots overall.

And I pay $62 more. I mean, Charlie Ergen is out of touch here.

The biggest negative of Comcast is their DVR. Slow, poorly made garbage that often fails. That alone would keep me from ever using them for TV

$62 a month difference. Yeah, I will miss PTAT and the Hopper, for sure.

But DISH is not even competitive anymore. Reality is when I first went to satellite in 2005 it was because I got more from satellite for less. I was able to get sports channels I could not get on cable. I was able tp pay less.

Now I can't get RSNs on DISH and I get less spots overall.

And I pay $62 more. I mean, Charlie Ergen is out of touch here.

I think it’s the entire industry that’s out of touch. I reviewed Directv’s pricing for both their satellite and streaming service and was shocked at how expensive it was, particularly in the second year of the agreement. Each household is different when it comes to value generated by the programming, but in my honest opinion, traditional tv service is dead and largely supported by the older demographic.

No doubt it is supported by the older demographic. The overall cost is out of whack and young folks can't afford it. I tried out streaming services and I just was not happy with any of them. They all had limitations. FUBO was missing 2 of my locals. YouTube/Hulu is missing Pac 12, etc. Directv does not have PAc 12 or my RSN, NBC Sports NW. DISH itself never has carried NBC Sports NW, and for 12 years I went with it - as they were saving me money (and they did), but now it is opposite. I spent the better part of 2 months researching this.

I do hate Comcast, but in the end this proved to be the best deal. And its $62 over DISH for the first year and $42 after that. And I get my RSNs, which DISH will not give me. I will miss the Hopper.

I think it’s the entire industry that’s out of touch. I reviewed Directv’s pricing for both their satellite and streaming service and was shocked at how expensive it was, particularly in the second year of the agreement. Each household is different when it comes to value generated by the programming, but in my honest opinion, traditional tv service is dead and largely supported by the older demographic.

We've been on Dish since 1997. We are the older demographic :) We tried YouTube TV and we really like the interface. We like when we want to record a series, prior episodes are available immediately. We like that it let's us skip the commercials. It doesn't auto hop but we rarely let a show unwatched long enough on Dish for it to be applied. The one things that is missing for us olders is channel numbers. Replace that with a 10 or 20 channel recall list and viola, there are the channels we always watch anyway. So it works.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

After a few attempts and weeks in between requests, Dish Corporate generously applied that $40/mo credit to my account for 12 months and was told to call back in a year to get them re-applied. I’m now back to a price point that makes sense for my family and will remain a Dish sub for at least another 12 months.

After a few attempts and weeks in between requests, Dish Corporate generously applied that $40/mo credit to my account for 12 months and was told to call back in a year to get them re-applied. I’m now back to a price point that makes sense for my family and will remain a Dish sub for at least another 12 months.

We can get YouTube TV and Philo to fill out the missing channels we want and for that save over 1000 dollars a year. That's enough to rent or buy what we are missing with much left over. The picture quality is great. Even us old codgers were convinced.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)