Dish Rumored to launch internet only TV package by the end of the summer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But what do you pay when you add in your Broadband service and if you have a home phone, I bet it is close or over that $200.00 a month.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes, you right it is over $200.00 a month. I pay only $29.99 a year for magic jack for my land line.

For the rest I pay :

$53.50 with tax included for T-mobile for two phones and 1000 minutes a month + unlimited text and basic data plan.
$53.50 with tax included for TWC and 20mpbs speed for internet only.
$95.50 with tax included for DISH -top 120 +hbo and 3 free premiums and $20.00 off for 6 months/ Hopper/superjoey/joey.
----------------------------
$202.50 a month.

The difference is that I can watch tv on 4 hdtvs in my house using my hdmi splitter and hopper /joey configuration in my home. My friends at work can't and have to squint to watch a movie on a small lap top or phone .

Hell, I'm 28 and I agree with you. My dish and sprint bills combined are $120. That's with the everything pack and 4 room setup and sprints top plan unlimited internet.
Huh? I don't believe you can have a 4 room setup with Dish, AEP and be paying less than $120... forget about adding in Sprint.

Huh? I don't believe you can have a 4 room setup with Dish, AEP and be paying less than $120... forget about adding in Sprint.
He is a former Dish employee, with a Dish employee roommate, he's getting a steep discount.

He is a former Dish employee, with a Dish employee roommate, he's getting a steep discount.
No ,I've never been a DISH employee in all my almost 18 years with DISH. I just call and get discounts every 6months, since I have 3 DISH accounts :mine, parents, aunt in my name and they pay me the bill. I get discounts on all 3 accounts.

As for Time Warner Cable I call them once a year and threaten to cancel if I don't get a discount . I've gotten it each year for 5 years now.

For T-mobile, I get a State of Texas Retiree discount and it saves me like $12.00 a month on my bill. Had it, for going on 4 years come next April.

I also get Xm sat radio for $25.00 for 5 months. Each time it expires I call to cancel and they extend it again. I've been doing this since 09 when my original subscription was ended and they originally offered me 6 months at $25.00. When they ask me why I want to cancel and I say ever time: This sat radio isn't worth more than $5.00 a month. They cave every time.

I don't ever plan on paying full price for any of my services if I don't have to. Everyone can do the same thing. It is called haggling and it works.

No ,I've never been a DISH employee in all my almost 18 years with DISH. I just call and get discounts every 6months, since I have 3 DISH accounts :mine, parents, aunt in my name and they pay me the bill. I get discounts on all 3 accounts.

As for Time Warner Cable I call them once a year and threaten to cancel if I don't get a discount . I've gotten it each year for 5 years now.

For T-mobile, I get a State of Texas Retiree discount and it saves me like $12.00 a month on my bill. Had it, for going on 4 years come next April.

I also get Xm sat radio for $25.00 for 5 months. Each time it expires I call to cancel and they extend it again. I've been doing this since 09 when my original subscription was ended and they originally offered me 6 months at $25.00. When they ask me why I want to cancel and I say ever time: This sat radio isn't worth more than $5.00 a month. They cave every time.

I don't ever plan on paying full price for any of my services if I don't have to. Everyone can do the same thing. It is called haggling and it works.

For the bolded part, I think they were talking about ChadT41, not you.

The difference is that I can watch tv on 4 hdtvs in my house using my hdmi splitter and hopper /joey configuration in my home. My friends at work can't and have to squint to watch a movie on a small lap top or phone .
It may have been asked already but why does your friend have to use the small screen?

Get a micro hdmi cable if the device supports it or a miracast. Or any of the other ways to get the content to the big screen.

Reactions: TheKrell
It may have been asked already but why does your friend have to use the small screen?

Get a micro hdmi cable if the device supports it or a miracast. Or any of the other ways to get the content to the big screen.
Well they use their phones at work and sometimes their lap tops that they work with . They have lots of down time and spend their time on the net watching shows and movies. I don't really know about all that kind of equipment they use to watch it. I just see them doing it when I go in that office, but I 'll suggest to them about the cable .

Why do you think DISH (or maybe others) have not already talked to channels about them being available A La Carte, and why would WGN take themselves out of packages to have far far less people subscribe to them? They are no different than TLC or History, they all want to be in packages.
for example if i am owner of WGN, i lost revenue from AT-120 or lower subscriber only, since my channel is available to AT200 or higher., the only way to capture these subscriber (Welcome pack, Smart pack, Dish America, International Basic, AT 120,Dish Latino dos (or lower)) is make available to a-la-carte, belong to the AT200/AT250. like The Blaze, Viera, Cine Latino, (EPIX, available A la carte or BB@Home)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)