Dish said no price drop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I just called the special number for 622 upgrades and asked about the 622 purchase price. The csr checked with his supervisor and said he knew nothing of a price drop.
I then asked about buying the 622 at the Dish Store for $499. and the $200. rebate if I send in my 942. The csr said the $200. rebate was ONLY for the leasing promo through DISH.

Man I am getting a headache !:(

boba said:
Price drop goes into effect on 5/13/06 CSR won't know about it until then unless they read the forums.

Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942.

The Dish special number CSR said no. It is only for the lease from them (dishnetwork).

I am just attempting to get to the truth before I leap ! :confused:

jmd102354 said:
Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942.

The Dish special number CSR said no. It is only for the lease from them (dishnetwork).

Check with Claude but I thought the rebate was only on owned receivers being traded in on the lease option.:)

boba said:
Check with Claude but I thought the rebate was only on owned receivers being traded in on the lease option.:)

I did . That is why I am confused. He said in a e-mail I get the credit when I activate and return my 942.
I sent another e-mail to him explaining Dish Networks statement.
Waiting for a reply.
If I could get a guarantee about the $200. credit, I would buy a 622 from Dishstore today .:)
But until then, I sit and wait.

garys said:
Don't know anything about a rebate on purchase of the 622, but doesn't the new price start on 5/13?

Several internet retailers, including DishStore, were selling and shipping the 622 for $499 last week.

I am with you as well jmd102354, I want a 622, but want to make sure of the best deal before I drop some cash. you would think somebody would know if we can own a 622 for $499 or $299...

Somebody? Anybody?

jmd102354 said:

Everything will be spelled out tonight, there is a lot of confusion going around, even I have got different answers from different people about whats going on with this.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Everything will be spelled out tonight, there is a lot of confusion going around, even I have got different answers from different people about whats going on with this.
I agree! Let's all stay tuned for this evenings Tech Chat where we will be inundated with Dish Networks "Official" confusing and contradictory word on the rebate offer.:rolleyes:

We can then visit the Tech Chat Chat for accurate scoop.:D

jmd102354 said:
Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942. ...
Can you cite where Dishstore says this? I see the $499 price, but can't find anything that says the $200 Credit would apply to a purchased 622. :confused:

SaltiDawg said:
Can you cite where Dishstore says this? I see the $499 price, but can't find anything that says the $200 Credit would apply to a purchased 622. :confused:

I received a e-mail .

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. If I can get the $200 credit back for my leased 942 I'm in and ready to buy a 622 from DishStore. But if not, I guess I'll just go the lease route and pay the $99 net.

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. If I can get the $200 credit back for my leased 942 I'm in and ready to buy a 622 from DishStore. But if not, I guess I'll just go the lease route and pay the $99 net.

Why not the ebay route? 942s seem to be going for somewhat over the $200 DISH will give you? Or try a $200 offer over in the classifieds here.

jayn_j said:
Why not the ebay route? 942s seem to be going for somewhat over the $200 DISH will give you? Or try a $200 offer over in the classifieds here.
I think lakebum mentioned his 942 was leased. I'm in the same boat...although I would like to watch the HD programming I am paying to receive, the 942 works great so I may as well get fully benefit out of the $250 lease upgrade fee.

I'm interested to see if anything changes with the lease price. I'm returning back to DN and got my receiver for $299 plus $6/month lease. If it's now $500 new, there's no reason not to go for that. Hopefully they reduce the lease to $199 or lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)