Dish said no price drop

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I just called the special number for 622 upgrades and asked about the 622 purchase price. The csr checked with his supervisor and said he knew nothing of a price drop.
I then asked about buying the 622 at the Dish Store for $499. and the $200. rebate if I send in my 942. The csr said the $200. rebate was ONLY for the leasing promo through DISH.

Man I am getting a headache !:(

boba said:
Price drop goes into effect on 5/13/06 CSR won't know about it until then unless they read the forums.

Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942.

The Dish special number CSR said no. It is only for the lease from them (dishnetwork).

I am just attempting to get to the truth before I leap ! :confused:

jmd102354 said:
Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942.

The Dish special number CSR said no. It is only for the lease from them (dishnetwork).

Check with Claude but I thought the rebate was only on owned receivers being traded in on the lease option.:)

boba said:
Check with Claude but I thought the rebate was only on owned receivers being traded in on the lease option.:)

I did . That is why I am confused. He said in a e-mail I get the credit when I activate and return my 942.
I sent another e-mail to him explaining Dish Networks statement.
Waiting for a reply.
If I could get a guarantee about the $200. credit, I would buy a 622 from Dishstore today .:)
But until then, I sit and wait.

garys said:
Don't know anything about a rebate on purchase of the 622, but doesn't the new price start on 5/13?

Several internet retailers, including DishStore, were selling and shipping the 622 for $499 last week.

I am with you as well jmd102354, I want a 622, but want to make sure of the best deal before I drop some cash. you would think somebody would know if we can own a 622 for $499 or $299...

Somebody? Anybody?

jmd102354 said:

Everything will be spelled out tonight, there is a lot of confusion going around, even I have got different answers from different people about whats going on with this.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Everything will be spelled out tonight, there is a lot of confusion going around, even I have got different answers from different people about whats going on with this.
I agree! Let's all stay tuned for this evenings Tech Chat where we will be inundated with Dish Networks "Official" confusing and contradictory word on the rebate offer.:rolleyes:

We can then visit the Tech Chat Chat for accurate scoop.:D

jmd102354 said:
Still, DishStore.net is saying I can buy the 622 from them for $499. PLUS still get the $200. credit from Dish when I activate it and request a return box for my 942. ...
Can you cite where Dishstore says this? I see the $499 price, but can't find anything that says the $200 Credit would apply to a purchased 622. :confused:

SaltiDawg said:
Can you cite where Dishstore says this? I see the $499 price, but can't find anything that says the $200 Credit would apply to a purchased 622. :confused:

I received a e-mail .

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. If I can get the $200 credit back for my leased 942 I'm in and ready to buy a 622 from DishStore. But if not, I guess I'll just go the lease route and pay the $99 net.

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. If I can get the $200 credit back for my leased 942 I'm in and ready to buy a 622 from DishStore. But if not, I guess I'll just go the lease route and pay the $99 net.

Why not the ebay route? 942s seem to be going for somewhat over the $200 DISH will give you? Or try a $200 offer over in the classifieds here.

jayn_j said:
Why not the ebay route? 942s seem to be going for somewhat over the $200 DISH will give you? Or try a $200 offer over in the classifieds here.
I think lakebum mentioned his 942 was leased. I'm in the same boat...although I would like to watch the HD programming I am paying to receive, the 942 works great so I may as well get fully benefit out of the $250 lease upgrade fee.

I'm interested to see if anything changes with the lease price. I'm returning back to DN and got my receiver for $299 plus $6/month lease. If it's now $500 new, there's no reason not to go for that. Hopefully they reduce the lease to $199 or lower.