Dish sat 110 question

terrenecomm

Original poster
May 1, 2008
This is a two part question, I have a business account who gets HD packaging and local denver channels. First, when i do the check switch i get good signal for 129 and 119. Now i was under the impression i didn't need to see the 110 for it to be working properly? The customer has been up for about 2 months and everything was working fine, then one day he tried to record CSI miami, which i believe is on one of the local HD channels. when we called dish, they said the programming was unavailable due to not getting a signal from 110. So im basically asking if we need to see 110 in the check switch, and even if we don't shouldn't the HD channels be coming over 129 and not affecting the customer either way? He is using the 722VIP receiver. also for FYI, as far as the other HD channels, TBS, TNT, those all seem to be working fine.

If the channel is broadcast off 110 his system has to see 110 to be able to record it. If the check switch dosen't see 110 the receiver dosen't know that the satellite exists. I.m glad your not my dealer .

Most HD programming is on 129. There are some HD programs on 110. If you installed a Dish 500 you're only going to get 2 satellites, either 110 and 119 or 119 and 129. If you installed a 500 and you're not getting 110, it sounds as though you have it pointed at 119 and 129. Normal configurations for HD are a (1) Dish 1000.2 or 1000.3 receiving 3 satellites (110, 119, 129 western arc), (2) a Dish 1000.4 getting 3 satellites (65.1, 72.7, 77 eastern arc), (3) a Dish 500 receiving 110 and 119 along with a wing Dish 300 or 500 receiving either 129 or 61.5.

I'll sum up every CSI: MIAMI episode for you so you won't have to record them again.

Horatio says something insightful but pauses mid-sentence. He takes off his glasses, or puts them on if they're off. Then he finishes his sentence. In fact, its a drinking game. Every time he puts on or takes off his sunglasses, you take a shot.

I'll sum up every CSI: MIAMI episode for you so you won't have to record them again.

Horatio says something insightful but pauses mid-sentence. He takes off his glasses, or puts them on if they're off. Then he finishes his sentence. In fact, its a drinking game. Every time he puts on or takes off his sunglasses, you take a shot.

You forgot the part where H tilts his head and looks away while responding. :)

This is a two part question, I have a business account who gets HD packaging and local denver channels. First, when i do the check switch i get good signal for 129 and 119. Now i was under the impression i didn't need to see the 110 for it to be working properly? The customer has been up for about 2 months and everything was working fine, then one day he tried to record CSI miami, which i believe is on one of the local HD channels. when we called dish, they said the programming was unavailable due to not getting a signal from 110. So im basically asking if we need to see 110 in the check switch, and even if we don't shouldn't the HD channels be coming over 129 and not affecting the customer either way? He is using the 722VIP receiver. also for FYI, as far as the other HD channels, TBS, TNT, those all seem to be working fine.

A good question. Since the HD is on 129, one would think you would have no problems. Perhaps it is tied to a channel guide on 110?

RE: Missing 110

There are some network HD channels that do come in off of the 119 and the 110. That was the MPEG2 for the 811 and such. There is only a couple of them. Also, some of the software is downloaded from the 110. There could have been an issue during the download. The 110 and 119 are the essential orbits for the system...i would suggest someone go out and resight the dish, or problems may arise in the future. Also, DNS QC's 100% of commercial work, and why it hasn't been done already is beyond me, but it needs to be resighted to capture the 110 bird.

I installed a 1000.2, and on these forums thought that i had read the 110 wouldn't show up in the check switch but would be accessible if 119 and 129 did show up. I'm not at all surprised you need 110, the surprise came that it worked fine for 6 weeks and then all a sudden I'm being told its an impossibility. btw i too am glad im not your dealer boba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)