Dish says I own my receiver?

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I called and cancelled dish yesterday and the rep said they would be sending a box for me to return one receiver. I told her I had 2 receivers, a 622 and a 722. She said I only had to return the 622 because I owned the 722. Both receivers were installed at the same time as a new customer. Anyone else have this experience?

Log into your account and take a look at your equipment, it should say owned or leased there... If it says owned then print it out and keep it.

Log into your account and take a look at your equipment, it should say owned or leased there... If it says owned then print it out and keep it.

When I log in now all options except billing and restart service is greyed out. I think I will email dish after I receive the box to return the receiver and ask them to confirm that I need to return receiver #### and do not need to return #### because it is an owned receiver.

I called and cancelled dish yesterday and the rep said they would be sending a box for me to return one receiver. I told her I had 2 receivers, a 622 and a 722. She said I only had to return the 622 because I owned the 722. Both receivers were installed at the same time as a new customer. Anyone else have this experience?
If you would like to PM me your account or phone number, I can review the account and advise you on the status of your receiver. Just let me know, thank you!

You probably had a bad box at some point and when you went to activate the replacement the CSR marked it as an owned receiver instead of a lease.

If you feel the receiver should be leased, then send it back.

If I where you, I would send back what they ask for and wait 3-4 months. IF they don't ask for it back then go ahead and sell it on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts