What hopper features are you most excited about?

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
I like the prime time anytime feature. The only thing that concerns me if you turn it off will it delete that folder with all of your recorded shows? Also pausing live tv and picking it up in any room is great.

I'm most excited about being able to pause a recording and pick it up in another room. This will work great for going from the living room to the exercise room to the bedroom. I'm also interested in PTAT, most of the shows my wife records are on the major networks.

Being able to expand my integrated DVR from 2 rooms to 3.

Remote finder.

Extra tuner.

Zippier response.

PTAT, whole home DVR and the drive size. Its funny because the major networks hardly re-run anything anymore. If I have a conflict on a cable channel I can just skip it and know that within a day or 2 it will be re-run and I can pick it up then. So when there are 3 shows on the major networks, I have to hope I can get one on my OTA tuner that comes in ok. But I have to remember to do that and realize something isn't getting recorded.

Getting rid of OTA antenna sitting on top of tv. No need for it anymore for me. Well, maybe on tv in living room.

Whole home DVR would be nice too. Can't get to the living room until they make it wireless though.

PTAT could reduce my timers by 50% and in the fall keep me from missing premiers because I forgot to set timers for new shows.

HD to all my flat screens.

Unified storage and timers for all my TV's
HD on all TV's
Trick-play on all TV's
No more frustration with the UHF remote (TV2 is 2 floors above my 622)

I'm most excited about the whole-home capability, the size of the hard drive, and the prospect of a new remote. I've had my 622 remote for something like six years now, and it's getting pretty worn out and weirdly stinky.

Oh! And the improved searching. I never take advantage of the on-demand shows because I forget that they're there, and I never check to see what they offer. Hopefully, now that will change.

Was it stated somewhere how the new search works exactly, or how it compares to the current Dish Pass search function?

I am hoping PIP but not sure that what I heard is correct so maybe one of you can answer. I was told that the PIP on hopper is able to seamlessly use two of your tuners without having to run a seperate feed to your tv such as OTA. Is that correct?

I am hoping PIP but not sure that what I heard is correct so maybe one of you can answer. I was told that the PIP on hopper is able to seamlessly use two of your tuners without having to run a seperate feed to your tv such as OTA. Is that correct?
we haven't seen a demonstration, but i would assume you would just need one connection from the TV to the hopper directly. Won't work on TVs connected to a Joey.

i'm sure we'll see a lot more in the next couple weeks showing how well it works or not.

Pip works in the Hopper only.

If you hit thy pip button on a Joey you get a message on the screen that says "that is not an active feature".

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Pip works in the Hopper only.

If you hit thy pip button on a Joey you get a message on the screen that says "that is not an active feature".

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So it's on the list of possible future enhancements. Which will be translated by some here later as having been "promised." ;)

No more frustration with the UHF remote (TV2 is 2 floors above my 622)

This. We've never been able to watch TV in the sunroom reliably off the TV2 output of either the 722 or 622. Something about all that brick and cinderblock in between :) (I even tried a little trick where I put the UHF antenna in the sunroom and merged it with the backfeed from the DVR, but I never could get the filtering set up well enough to make that consistent)

Thanks Scott. To be clear, are you saying that for the TV hooked directly to the hopper, it will in fact be able to use two seperate video sources for PIP with only my one HDMI cable hooked to the TV? This is a big deal to my wife in our decsion to upgrade :) Thanks!

Yes. It will look at any two of the three (4 with ota) tuners and give you pip. No different than if you were recording two channels at the same time but now you will be seeing both at the same time.

You will be able to watch two separate Dish channels at the same time with PIP. This is assuming that there are 2 tuners available at the time. If the Joeys are using the other tuners I'm not sure if it will let you do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)