What hopper features are you most excited about?

I like the idea of being able to pause live TV from a Joey.

There is a lot more I don't like about the Hopper/Joey than I do but many of them (outside of the tuner shortage) could probably be fixed with software and some serious forward thinking at DISH.

1. I am looking forward to finally getting HD on our bedroom TV without the need of a separate, non-integrated, receiver or DVR. This is, of course, what whole-home DVR means.

2. The extra tuner and PTAT should resolve the few scheduling issues we've had up to this point.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the remote finder feature...it is one feature that our household would get plenty of benefit from...

DLNA is something that I am looking forward to.
We have years of digitial pictures and camcorder videos.
We will be able to watch them on the TV instead of a computer monitor.

DLNA is something that I am looking forward to.
We have years of digitial pictures and camcorder videos.
We will be able to watch them on the TV instead of a computer monitor.

I have been reading thru these forums and this is the first mention I've seen on this. Sounds cool, is there more information on this somewhere?

One of the features I have been excited about is Bluetooth Audio...

But yesterday I was sitting in my car and something dawned on me...

I was watching TV on my Slingbox waiting for my wife to do her shopping. And I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any audio out of my iphone... then it dawned on me, I pressed the screen on my nav system and turned the Bluetooth audio on on the car stereo and BOOM I had audio...

But there was one big problem the audio coming out of the stereo was out of sync with the picture on the screen. It wasnt far out of sync but just enough to make viewing difficult and annoying.

I wonder if the Hopper is going to have this issue? I am assuming that the answer is YES as its probably something in the Bluetooth stack.

So while the use of Bluetooth audio will be GREAT for listening to the SiriusXM channels at night, it might not be so good for watching TV while your spouse is sleeping.

One of the features I have been excited about is Bluetooth Audio...

So while the use of Bluetooth audio will be GREAT for listening to the SiriusXM channels at night, it might not be so good for watching TV while your spouse is sleeping.
If you have music on your phone or tablet these are the two must have accessories to put on your Christmas list.

Amazon.com: MEElectronics Clarity Series Ceramic In-Ear Headphone with In-Line Microphone/Remote for iPhone and Smartphones (Black): Electronics
These will plug into any phone or tablet and sound great, fit good, and let you make and receive calls too. Only complaint the button on the wire is too small for my ancient fingers to feel.

Amazon.com: Motorola DC800: GPS & Navigation
This plugs into you home theater amp and lets any phone or tablet shake the plaster loose.
I have no idea why this is lost in the GPS/Nav. Maybe it is also in other depts. I just found this using a quick Amazon search.

Want me to PM the prize goddess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)