Dish Says No For 722 Upgrade/Exchange

I do miss the wish list that my Tivos had. I could, for example, add the term Beatles as a wish list and it would record any program that had something about The Beatles in it. It didn't even have to be in the title of the program. Sometimes it would even catch programs that didn't have it in the description. It was very accurate and I saw many shows that I would have missed otherwise. I added David Crosby and it recorded an episode of Ellen where he made a guest appearance that wasn't even mentioned in the description.

We had a meeting today and read the official rules for 722 vs 622 installs and upgrades and replacements. All new sales through e* are to be 722s, you can not replace a 722 with 622 on service call but you CAN replace a 622 with 722 on service call (if you have to-ie don't have a 622) 622 are to be used on DIU promos from 522/625 or what ever. There is NO additional fee when ordering a new system to get a 722 over a 622. But until all 622's are gone there is no guarantee you will get a 722 if you order a HD DVR. My HDMI just went out a month ago :D so as soon as we get rid of our stock off 622s (hopefully a couple weeks) I will upgrade to a 722 via a service call :D
What if someone starts having problems with their 942? Will it automatically be replaced with a 622 or 722 now?

What if someone starts having problems with their 942? Will it automatically be replaced with a 622 or 722 now?

There shouldn't be any more 942's out there, with the Vooms (and probably all HD chans) going mpeg4, e* is replacing any and all mpeg2 HD receivers with like mpeg4 models at no charge, just call them. We had a customer with 3 942's and an 811, we replaced all of them a couple weeks back w/622s & 211.

There shouldn't be any more 942's out there, with the Vooms (and probably all HD chans) going mpeg4, e* is replacing any and all mpeg2 HD receivers with like mpeg4 models at no charge, just call them. We had a customer with 3 942's and an 811, we replaced all of them a couple weeks back w/622s & 211.

Were all three 622s leased to that customer? The CSR told me I could not lease more than two 622s, would have to buy the third one.

I do miss the wish list that my Tivos had. I could, for example, add the term Beatles as a wish list and it would record any program that had something about The Beatles in it. .

DishPass lets you do that to a point, but I don't know how deep the search goes. I think it might just be for titles unfortunately.

I hope they expand it to be more like you're talking about, but also so we can DishPass a show and have episode control (new only, all, etc). Unfortunately there's no Episode control with DishPass searches.

Haven't called yet for a 722 but am thinking about it. Do you have a choice of having them just ship the receiver versus sending someone out to install? If they ship is there an option of having it sent to billing address versus service address?

They will ship one via Dishin It Up provided they know you have a 61.5 dish up. They tried to tell me I needed a tech because they didn't have my 61.5 on file (when I bought my original self-install it was only for 110/119, so thats what was on file). Exec Relations was able to change this, not sure if a regular CS person could. Once that was solved, my VIP was shipped.

I'm not sure if they'll ship to a billing address instead of a service address unfortunately. We get locals here in our market and I've never really considered messing around with the system. After having improper and incorrect legal action against me with E*'s competitor, I just don't need any sort of hassle and rather keep things above board.

There may be some other threads on this though and maybe I can find you an answer. I'll see what I can do.

I have had all my replacement receivers sent to my BILLING address for over 5 years now. I have not had a lease deal though through DISH since the 522 that I tried for about 2 months. THat one had to be installed. I would try again to lease a 722 except I would rather OWN the receivers than lease. I just don't like leases.

But until all 622's are gone there is no guarantee you will get a 722 if you order a HD DVR. My HDMI just went out a month ago :D so as soon as we get rid of our stock off 622s (hopefully a couple weeks) I will upgrade to a 722 via a service call :D

I guess I'll be seeing. Starting yesterday, my 8 month old 622 started rebooting, losing switches, etc. I have been unable to even watch previously recorded shows (one time, no video/audio). Unplug, plug back in, got about a minute worth of viewing. I couldn't even successfully watch OTA last night.

I arranged a service call today (which was fairly easy, I had already done what the script suggested before even calling). I then unplugged it, left for over an hour, and so far it has been up for about 5 minutes without rebooting.

Anyway, the earliest they can get a service rep to me is the 29th of August :( I wonder whether there is a big rush on HD upgrades in advance of the football season. If so, maybe the 622s will run out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)