Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Where can I find a “schedule” of these loops? The guide doesn’t show anything except a continuous program. Would love to record them and play in FF. I think it’s a very cool feature. Saw the flying saucer twice yesterday.

Are you saying that the DishScapes image and the mother ship image were both taken from north of the Devil's Tower, i.e viewing to the south?
It is a possibility. The surrounding scenery in the Dish Scapes image is different enough (possibly due to tree growth since the time of the mother ship image) that it is hard to tell either way.

Where can I find a “schedule” of these loops? The guide doesn’t show anything except a continuous program. Would love to record them and play in FF. I think it’s a very cool feature. Saw the flying saucer twice yesterday.
The new expanded Dish Scape is a one-hour loop. Night scape begins at the start of each hour. Day scape begins at 35 minutes past the hour. (This day/night proportion means that the events take place in late winter, so possibly at the very beginning of March, or just before March.)

This earth day one is pretty interesting. I see what they are trying to do with the circular setup, but I am not a fan of that. It rotates through 7 different areas of the earth. There are a lot of things going on overall - the sloth, lizard, frog, bear, eagle, wolf, kangaroo, geyser, butterflies, toucan, coral reef - a lot of different things going on. Even Antarctica has a lot going on with the fish in the water, the southern lights, the whale jumping out, icebergs floating.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Other new scenes are bats flying across the screen at twilight, teleporting birds during the day, a deer walking across the meadow, and of course...Bigfoot. :clapping

It was cool seeing the Bigfoot. Did you see the Buck? It was like a 16 pointer... lol

It was also cool when the birds flew in and out of a green vortex.

Reactions: pattykay
I think they will get better the more we talk about them on this website since we have Dish reps. on this forum.

I have a completely different order:

1. UFO
2. Western Town
3. Hollywood
4. Earth Day.... (Not a fan of this at all.. even the sounds don't match many of the birds. Hurts the eyes after a while due to the round symmetry )

But what can I say. I'm a Miami Dolphin fan and you're a New England Patriot fan. Maybe I don't have a say... lol

I woild like the audio track to be a bit lower volume...
Our soundbar going from 0(no sound) to 1(lower volume setting) is still to loud for using as night quiet time.
They could make the audio track lower and people who need a louder background sound could increase their volume locally.

Please,
Pretty please...

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a completely different order:

1. UFO
2. Western Town
3. Hollywood
4. Earth Day.... (Not a fan of this at all.. even the sounds don't match many of the birds. Hurts the eyes after a while due to the round symmetry )

But what can I say. I'm a Miami Dolphin fan and you're a New England Patriot fan. Maybe I don't have a say... lol
My avatar is for the Columbus Blue Jackets! :wtf2I hate the Patriots.:mad:

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Our soundbar going from 0(no sound) to 1(lower volume setting) is still to loud for using as night quiet time.
They could make the audio track lower and people who need a louder background sound could increase their volume locally.

Please,
Pretty please...
I still remember when I complained about the audio being too quiet on the original (Holiday) Dish Scape. I had to turn my volume all the way up just to barely hear it. Other people here said that they did not hear the audio at all, so I had to post here to tell them what sounds I heard. Of course, I was using a small-screen analog standard-def TV, with no soundbar or anything like that, so my experience may not have been typical. Still, this shows how hard it must be to get the audio volume level exactly right, to sound good on all of the various combinations of audio equipment and speakers in customers' homes. The volume level is about right for me now, but of course your mileage may vary.

Please,
Pretty please...

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
I am also not a fan of the audio on this 'scape

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok best Scape was "Unexplained" followed by "Western." The current Earth Day is a bit dissapointing becasue I was expecting a full screen with more detail and more hidden movements than there are.

But the "Hollywood" Scape was a complete let down. It was a short Scape with not much to see, really. Instead, they should have taken a video of boarding the subway at Union Station riding amongst the highly addicted and severly mentally ill, rush hour SRO with a space hogging pax with their bike wheel pushing into some poor standee's tush, to Hollywood & Highland station, and then exiting the station to Hollyweird Blvd. and walking to the Chinese Theater with all the kooky nutters and all those disturbed costumed creatures intimidating tourists for money--NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A COMPELLING HORROR SHOW! Although a shot from the elevated courtyard of the Hollywood & Highland complex looking out at the blinking lighted sign of the El Capitan Theater would have been a truly aesthetic shot. Opportunities wasted. Dish should try a second "Hollywood" Scape--the right way.

Hey, Dish could do an equally entertaining Scape--in a different sort of way such as riders violating Code of Conduct along with a sprinkling of addicted and mentals--riding the Expo (E) line from the insufficiently lit DTLA 7th Street station to the Santa Monica Pier and the host of Westside & Santa Monica wierdos whilst walking past over-priced restaurants to and along the Pier with the throng of tourists who simply MUST go there. :). This was all before the Covid Stay at Home thing.

Last edited: