Dish- Screw Me Once Shame On You, Screw Me Twice Shame On Me!!

Sat Surfer

Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I bought my 942 last August for $600.00 and was told by Tech that it would be at least a year before MPEG4 would be out and that 942 was upgradeable. Well here we are 6 months later and I feel like a big LOSER . I guess thats what you get for trusting DISH, but no I won't fall for that one again. Cables looking real good right now.

Sat Surfer said:
Cables looking real good right now.

What kind of cables? I use Monster- but I kind of have a connection over there. Listen, I am not down on stuff like Acoustic Research or anything. I just think there is nothing wrong with going with better hook-ups for your system.

Sat Surfer said:
I bought my 942 last August for $600.00 and was told by Tech that it would be at least a year before MPEG4 would be out and that 942 was upgradeable. Well here we are 6 months later and I feel like a big LOSER . I guess thats what you get for trusting DISH, but no I won't fall for that one again. Cables looking real good right now.

I agree. The local cable company is in the process of upgrading my area with fiber optics. As soon as that is complete (late summer) I am leaving Dish and the Charlie Craps...I mean Chats.
Besides, the new HD lineup that they (dish) are boasting about, according to other threads I have read, is worthless. (unless they offer you HD locals)

jmd102354 said:
Besides, the new HD lineup that they (dish) are boasting about, according to other threads I have read, is worthless. (unless they offer you HD locals)

Which still doesn't do anything for me as I get 88%-95% perfect OTA for all my local HD right now with my 811.

sonnyboy11 said:
What kind of cables? I use Monster- but I kind of have a connection over there. Listen, I am not down on stuff like Acoustic Research or anything. I just think there is nothing wrong with going with better hook-ups for your system.

You're cruel sonny, cruel I tell ya:D

sonnyboy11 said:

Then why do you use Monster?

Not sure I've ever seen a thread digress quite as quick as this one but that's ok, I'll play.

nuts4scuba said:
Then why do you use Monster?

Let me guess - because it's one of the Vooms that's still MPEG2 viewable?

Sat Surfer said:

Sat Surfer... many of us feel your pain (in spite of Sonny's lame attempt at humor!). The folks that were foolish enough to but a 942 in 2005 (yes, I would be among those) because we believed the promises made by Dish do feel taken advantage of. On the bright side, my 942 still works and I am not paying the higher prices for the new metallic packages, although I do wish I could get Universal and ESPN2 in HD. The rest of the current offerings I can live without, and I am fortunate enought to get most of my locals in HD OTA.

If I could upgrade my 811 to a 622 in April for $99 I might do that. But there is just no way I am going to send back my owned 942 for a leased 622, and then pay a lease fee on top of that. Plus, I already paid for a 61.5 wing dish when I bought the 942 last year, so I wouldn't be getting a new dish or equipment out of the deal.

I am just going to stick with what I have for now, and really look hard at other providers deals as they come along. If Dish changes their tune and offers me a deal so that I can get a second HD PVR without giving up my 942 or $300 then I would be in. But I'm not holding my breath! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts