Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks the 622's will start hitting the streets tommorow (hopefully) :) here are some tips for you folks who are going to be installing your own 622.

In addition here are some updated photos of the 622.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 622_Tips.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,349
  • 622 photos.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,821
Last edited:
Excellent post Scott - thanks!

Since it states the default mode of the 622 is the "dual-mode" where you can feed 2 TV's, I wonder how difficult it is to switch to single?

I will only be using my 622 for my 50" plasma.

psumattDE said:
Excellent post Scott - thanks!

Since it states the default mode of the 622 is the "dual-mode" where you can feed 2 TV's, I wonder how difficult it is to switch to single?

I will only be using my 622 for my 50" plasma.
Its a one button push on the receiver Easy to swtich back and forth.

whats the best route to hook to tv... the hdmi output... my New Tv has all the hookups so which one is the best one... ?

Does the 622 use the same method of getting PG info that the 942 does? Wondering if we can get rid of the "Digital Service" on the subchannels and the non-major broadcasters. Sure would like PG info on the PBS-HD subchannel here.

dogpoobob said:
Does the 622 use the same method of getting PG info that the 942 does? Wondering if we can get rid of the "Digital Service" on the subchannels and the non-major broadcasters. Sure would like PG info on the PBS-HD subchannel here.
If it works like the 211, then nope, no PG for sub-channels.

Great post Scott. I can't wait for mine to show up. I hope Claude gets a big shippment within the next week or two.

mdonnelly said:
If it works like the 211, then nope, no PG for sub-channels.

What about EPG info on primary (non sub channel) digital OTA if you don't subscribe to locals (I'm grandfathered into distant nets and I don't want to give those up). My 942 doesn't allow this of course.

both HDMI and DVI use digital video signals but HDMI includes audio as well. When I use DVI on my 811 I'm pretty sure I can see a difference from the component cables. If you have a TV that has HDMI connects I would definitely try that first.

My 622 is due on the 21st like alot of people...I can't wait!

radhog said:
whats the best route to hook to tv... the hdmi output... my New Tv has all the hookups so which one is the best one... ?

HDMI is supposed to be better. It really depends on your display and your setup. On mine the difference is not really noticable (53 inch Panasonic 1080i rear screen that I got last year at Costco). Suggest try both and do an a/b comparison. (The optimal display settings will probably be different between the two sources also!)

622 Specs

Scott the hook up should be identical to the 942 right? In my case, I am using it as TV1 only, but have the ability to DVR 2 programs at once just like I do now w/the 942. I wish we could say that for the OTA programming too. So really connection wise the only change is the ethernet right?

SatinKzo said:
What's with the audio sync options? Is that new to the 622 or did the 942 have that?

I wonder if the audio from HDMI will be synced with the audio from the fiber optic surround sound. The 942 certainly had a problem with that.

Thanks Scott,

So what's with that audio sync setting? So, does that mean I have to switch it whenever I want to archive to DVD?

Does the 942 have this too? How badly is the sync off if the setting is wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)