Dish screwed up

vmike

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
KS
I turned on the tv today and didn't have any locals. Rebooted, nothing changed. Checked online account, it says service address is Salsbury MD . I live in KS.(55 yrs) I called dish, they tell me I have a service app. for next week to move my dish. I did not call them and have never even been to MD. They said someone called and requested the change. Someone? Also bill in Spanish. I am the only one that knows my pin # and acct # or any info to make changes. Really amazes me how a hi-tech company can make screw ups like that. Kinda scary.

I turned on the tv today and didn't have any locals. Rebooted, nothing changed. Checked online account, it says service address is Salsbury MD . I live in KS.(55 yrs) I called dish, they tell me I have a service app. for next week to move my dish. I did not call them and have never even been to MD. They said someone called and requested the change. Someone? Also bill in Spanish. I am the only one that knows my pin # and acct # or any info to make changes. Really amazes me how a hi-tech company can make screw ups like that. Kinda scary.
Log into you account and make sure all of your contact information is correct. I bet it has changed to a Md. address with a Spanish name. I would guess that somehow your account was hacked.

Sounds like you are potentially a victim of ID theft or you have malware on your computer that stole all of your passwords and whatever else is there and sent them "home"?

I agree with the replies. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Dish until you can make sure your information is safe....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)