Dish Sends Me To Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I called DirecTV this morning since Dish dropped VOOM the only channels that set them apart from other sat-cable carriers. I must have gotten a special desk for unhappy Dish subscribers because apparently a lot of people are calling from Dish to price DirecTV. In my own case I have the Platnium package plus Setanta and some others amounting to $142 per month. DirecTv (which in the past could not give me VOOm since it was exclusively Dish) gave me the same channels for only $87 for 12 months and then it goes up to $105. Go figure! Will be moving there June 1. The idiots at Dish removed the one thing that made them different from DirecTV because no matter how many channels Dish & DirecTv put up.....Dish would always have VOOM, 15 more channels. I came from VOOM Sat TV to Dish and now they have sent me to DirecTV!

Are you going to give us a breakdown of your Programming and Prices? Or you just going to say its the same programming without showing us? Sounds like a D* sale pitch to scoop up some upset Voom Customers.

I had D* for 4 years before switching to E*. They indicated when I left that I was a gold customer or something like that. They send me offers in the mail every month with great deals. I usually just throw them away. Now I will look more closely.

I called DirecTV this morning since Dish dropped VOOM the only channels that set them apart from other sat-cable carriers. I must have gotten a special desk for unhappy Dish subscribers because apparently a lot of people are calling from Dish to price DirecTV. In my own case I have the Platnium package plus Setanta and some others amounting to $142 per month. DirecTv (which in the past could not give me VOOm since it was exclusively Dish) gave me the same channels for only $87 for 12 months and then it goes up to $105. Go figure! Will be moving there June 1. The idiots at Dish removed the one thing that made them different from DirecTV because no matter how many channels Dish & DirecTv put up.....Dish would always have VOOM, 15 more channels. I came from VOOM Sat TV to Dish and now they have sent me to DirecTV!

How about DVRs fees and receivers fees are they included and how many receivers are we talking about. I spent about $150 but I have 4 receivers connected two 6 Tvs (2 Tvs through TV2). The last time I was with D* they charged me like $30 (6 receivers) just for receiver access fee on top of the programming.

In the current state of affairs I find it unlikely because of Dish's influence for fifteen channels of Voom to appear anywhere or on Directv. The spin doctors have with Dish's help managed to bury Voom. This fits in with Dish's strategy of not having to pay very much money for programming because of programming incentives given from major program providers along with not paying for Voom anymore and still dominate because of a their service's clear superiority. The death of Voom in my opinion is a win win situation for Dish, because in direct comparison, Directv as a service, clearly falls behind Dish. This opinion is based on a lot of clear first hand knowledge and expert analysis. The replacement of Voom is an unfortunate situation for current subscribers to Dish. Sometimes you do not appreciate something until it is gone. The customer that wants real variety gets screwed unless he thinks the channels they have now are variety.

Last edited:

I'd like to see how this breaks down. What package? What receivers? And I'd also like to see how Setanta (which is extra from every provider) fits into that as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts