Dish sheds 102,000 subs and reports a Profit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never said the Carter administration caused the recession, only that it happened (principally) during Carter's administration. It actually began in late 1977 and extended into the first few years of Reagan's administration.

It's a big reason why Carter was a one term President.

You do know that Reagan came AFTER Carter don't you?

From the prospective of a 62 year old citizen and voter, Carter was a one-term President because he was a spineless wimp who dismantled the US military and left us the laughing stock of the world after the Iranian islamo-fascists seized our embassy and its staff and held it for over a year. He did not lose the election because because of the economy. Revisionists historians tend to paint a politically compatible picture of 1980, but actually most of us were doing quite well financially in 1980. Yes there were high mortgage interest rates because of high inflation, but that impacted the rich much more than the middle class. Most of use got nice pay raises that kept up with the inflation.

Reagan presided over the second great depression in October 1982, almost two years after he took office. I lost my job then along with 10.7% of the workforce (those that were still looking for work and hadn't given up). Among my friends in my general age group, about one in every two lost a job during that economic depression. While unemployment very slowly subsided during the balance of the 80s, work didn't get as plentiful and lucrative again until the 90s. Starting in 1982, housing prices collapsed. By 1986 my townhouse was worth about half of what I paid for it in 1979. Almost half the townhouses in the complex I was in then went into foreclosure. Reagan was a great President for foreign policy. He defeated the Soviet Union, won the Cold War, and freed Eastern Europe from Communism. But, his economic policies were a disaster. Oh, the rest of the 80s were great for me because I got a job working for the Government in a bomb factory and I made great money with great benefits, while my friends struggled from job to job.

End of Off-Topic rant and history lesson.

Maybe we can clone ourselves? Oh, more of our wonderful personalities to spread around this forum. We'll be so loved and admired. We'll make even more friends!

I think Ice spends a lot of time in FTA.

yep.... very cool guy too :up

You say that like the Carter administration caused the recession or why else would you even mention it. They don't just happen when the new administration takes over. It takes many years. It started during the Reagan administration, which by the way is the root of most of the financial problems today. Deregulation.

Sorry, off topic.

What a dummy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts