Dish/Sinclair Dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont watch many ABC of FOX programs if any. Just The Simpsons and King of the Hill which I can do without. I can find a replacement on the DVR. Just as long as I have NBC and WB networks I will be fine.

BFG said:
dish would probably do what they did with the viacom channels. a Whopping $1 credit for each channel you lose, assuming the dont come to terms.

It would be $1 for each of the Big 4 you lose

If its WB or UPN, you won't get a credit...if its ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX you probably will get a credit.

Sinclair is one scummy organization alright.

The HD cable fiasco killed any good will I had for them.

Although you hate to see anyone lose channels, at times it's a good thing for someone to stand up and say enough is enough. If noone does that, then there is no reason to attempt to hold down costs.

sprintcarcrazy said:
Although you hate to see anyone loose channels

I hate to see anyone with LOOSE channels. This is a perfect example of why everyone should get a good piece of strong rope and tie their channels down. That way, the channels won't get loose and you won't LOSE them.

Good luck to those in the affected areas!

I notice alot of FOX stations on that list...not good for the NASCAR fans in those areas!!!

So when you read that crawl that says E* is dropping the channel read it as "Sinclair is refusing to allow E* to carry the channel" past May 31st. It is a much more accurate statement.

If Dish doesn't pay the required amount that Sinclair requires then Dish will have to drop the channels from the lineup. So the reading that *E is dropping the channels will be correct because if he doesn't pay for them he will have no choice but to drop them or broadcast dead air. It's hell when you're #1 this that and the other and people actually expect you to pay for something isn't it?

Loose channels are caused by air turbulence, they fly around, also they fly away when you don't pay what the owner wants for them.

MustangLX89 said:
If Dish doesn't pay the required amount that Sinclair requires then Dish will have to drop the channels from the lineup. So the reading that *E is dropping the channels will be correct because if he doesn't pay for them he will have no choice but to drop them or broadcast dead air. It's hell when you're #1 this that and the other and people actually expect you to pay for something isn't it?
Sinclair has it in for cable companies too. COX in OKC hasn't carried the digital signal of the local FOX station since they went on the air last year.

Why is it that Sinclair is the only station owner that is trying to extort cable and satellite companies for a product that they give away for free to anyone with an antenna?

Would I assume that those markets that are affected and if you have DHA in which locals are included in the price will recieve no discount? Those that do not even have a local market in their market still have to pay the same price with DHA.

Sinclair owns WEAR in Pensacola, the local ABC affiliate. Hmm, last time I watched that channel, 1998 I think. Maybe 1997. How long has Disney owned ABC? :D

This will have the same effect on me as the Viacom dispute did, i.e. "None At All"

Pepper said:
last time I watched that channel, 1998 I think. Maybe 1997. How long has Disney owned ABC? :D

hehe, same here. There's a network called ABC? Never heard of it... :D

Stargazer said:
Which networks have the top ratings now?

Here is the number of viewers (in millions) that each network averaged per hour of prime time, for last week and for the season.

Network Last week Season to date
CBS 13.17 12.84
FOX 10.00 9.91
ABC 9.92 10.08
NBC 9.74 9.83
WB 3.32 3.33
UPN 3.28 3.35

NightRyder

Status
Please reply by conversation.