Dish site is down this morning

With dish making fun of directv and now comcast, look at who's laughing now. Dish does not have distant networks to provide to its customers : )

You can't access your account at this point, but I suppose that'll change soon. I suspect that when it's fixed, we'll have access to the Dish America Silver and Gold pacs. DIRT has confirmed that these are available.
I can access "My Account" and those packages aren't listed as options...

I can also access My Dish and I didn't have to clear the cache. According to the person who I chatted with when I paid my bill, "I apologize but we are now having system error to our page mydish.com".

Stopped by dish.com prior to coming here, to enter the sweeps,had no idea they had been having issues.Everything worked fine for me,I didn't notice any changes either.Guessing they got the problems solved.

Dirt if you see this thread please explain why the site went down.
Sites go down... It can mean nothing. Granted, a large company like Dish shouldn't see it happen but it can.

People want it to be related to Dish adding back some channel choices!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They must have some major issues throughout the whole company. I still can't get on the Retailer Care site or the Portal. We called retailer services and they said their system is down. I find it strange that the customer site and retailer sites are all down.

I have cleared stuff, but still unable to access dish site. I am sure sooner or later

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If the site was hacked and Dish tries to cover it up I'm gonna be pissed because I do autopay with a CC.
Hacking web pages is not the same as breaking into a database and obtaining customer data. If the programming and policies are sloppy, sometimes hacking the web pages will give you the information needed to access the database, but as a web admin, you typically have to go way out of your way to make it possible.

Nothing official, but I am hearing there was a major failure on one of the backend servers which caused the issues.

I don't believe there were any updates or changes made to the site. If your looking for Dish America stuff just go there and search for Dish America and you will find it, as that is what I did. :)

Looks like someone else is using the ip address. Either did not pay to keep their registration current and someone scooped it up or the hackers are at work.
Does ICANN or anyplace keep historical info on who owns domain names ? Nowadays, can you really steal a domain name if it lapses ? I thought the registrars simply don't allow it knowing it was probably an oversight.

Does ICANN or anyplace keep historical info on who owns domain names ? Nowadays, can you really steal a domain name if it lapses ? I thought the registrars simply don't allow it knowing it was probably an oversight.
I don't think it was that. I think there was a fat finger mistake when someone tried changing the DNS to one of their backup servers.

(Again not confirmed just what I am hearing.)

Whois

And if registration lapses, your buying the URL is not stealing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dishnetwork.com was updated TODAY and now runs through 2015.

It appears that the suspicions that someone was camping on the dishnetwork.com domain may have been well founded because the domain was originally registered on February 2, 1996 so it would have expired Saturday night.

I told you they were juggling too many domain names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts