Dish Skins/Covers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
I have looked at older posts for Dish Skins (sports team logos, colleges, etc) and cannot seem to find any for the new 5LNB dishes. Does anyone know of a retailer that is supplying them for D* customers? I would really love to get a Duke skin...have seen other major colleges but still only for 18" round dishes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have looked at older posts for Dish Skins (sports team logos, colleges, etc) and cannot seem to find any for the new 5LNB dishes. Does anyone know of a retailer that is supplying them for D* customers? I would really love to get a Duke skin...have seen other major colleges but still only for 18" round dishes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Here is one site that has 5 lnb covers, I don't know about teams and what not, but it looks like at least the covers are now becoming availble.

Satellite Dish Covers - WedgieCovers.com - Satellite Dish Cover

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo, I had seen this one, but I am really holding out for a Duke cover (or some other image that is appealing to me). Do you know if they stock/sell any designs other than gray?

Thanks Jimbo, I had seen this one, but I am really holding out for a Duke cover (or some other image that is appealing to me). Do you know if they stock/sell any designs other than gray?

I'm not sure, you might want to see if there is an email address and drop them a line.
I have been browseing my googla search to see if I could find anything to work for you, but so far I see covers for the 5 LNB , but no pictures ot all kinds of them for the 18" dishes.
You also might want to grab one of these that DO , do the teams and email them about the Slimline dishes to see if they now handle them, no telling how often these sites get updated.

I am also looking for a dish heater ( LNB) , one that is NOT controlled by a temp sensor. I want to be able to plug it in when needed and unplug otherwise. I am afraid that the ones with temp sensors will be on when there is no bad weather in sight.
I sound on for the 5 LNB but it has the sensor and it is $ 130 I find that to be quite steep.

Jimbo

I'm not sure, you might want to see if there is an email address and drop them a line.
I have been browseing my googla search to see if I could find anything to work for you, but so far I see covers for the 5 LNB , but no pictures ot all kinds of them for the 18" dishes.
You also might want to grab one of these that DO , do the teams and email them about the Slimline dishes to see if they now handle them, no telling how often these sites get updated.
Thanks, will do. And you may have hit the nail on the head with site updating frequency.

I am also looking for a dish heater ( LNB) , one that is NOT controlled by a temp sensor. I want to be able to plug it in when needed and unplug otherwise. I am afraid that the ones with temp sensors will be on when there is no bad weather in sight.
I sound on for the 5 LNB but it has the sensor and it is $ 130 I find that to be quite steep.
What about a space heater? Or a parabolic oscillating heating dish? :D

Kind of curious about something on their site:
Wedgiecovers.com was started to help Satellite Dish Owners find a cost effective way of stopping signal loss due to weather and to protect the privacy of Satellite Dish Owners.

I understand the weather/snow buildup/rain fade concept, but what privacy would I be protecting by adding a cover? What company I choose to have for my service?

Jimbo

Perfect 10 used to make a stick on hot shot heater for around $100

They sell like crap in the summertime, and as soon as the winter hits and we get a big snow storm I get people calling asking about them.

IMHO, its a waste of money in my area but for other people it might be a good investment.

Copy of email communication with WedgieCovers.com:

ME:
Do you offer dish covers for the D* 5LNB dish that have any graphics on them, namely college or pro sports logos? If not, do you know anyone who does?

WedgieCovers:
No our covers do not have any graphics on them. I do not of any other maker of the directv 5 lnb dish cover.

bob

Oh, well, I will try another...

Perfect 10 used to make a stick on hot shot heater for around $100

They sell like crap in the summertime, and as soon as the winter hits and we get a big snow storm I get people calling asking about them.

IMHO, its a waste of money in my area but for other people it might be a good investment.

A waste of money ?
Are you referring to us not getting enough snow and bad weather,or that they do not work ???

I am 50 miles south of you.

Jimbo

When I went there it mentioned a bunch of different ones , but gave no info as to how to order and or how much ....
I must have been at the wrong place or something, but thanks for the link anyways :)

Jimbo

Yeah, I got the feeling that they were a distribution site and not necessarily the source of the products. But in the same vein, they may be a good resource since they seem to be "pushing" everyone else's goods.

Plus they are based in Montana...I seem to recall from Mrs. Wilson's 5th grade Geography class that Montana gets chilly in the winter and occasionally gets a dusting of snow... :p

A new place to try: dishrags: send your own signal
Right now they only offer college....NFL logo's to follow...$ 20.00

THANKS MOONMAN!!! :hatsoff:
They have on their site the Duke logo, but nothing indicating conformance with AU-9 Slimline dishes. Sent an email and hoping for a good response. This is one purchase my wife can know nothing about...she would think I had gone off the deepend... :D

You are most welcome....hope they have a cover to fit your dish. I see they have 2 retail places in SC to buy them:
South Carolina

Communigraphics
1400 Georgia Ave. North
Augusta, SC 29841

Pro Image
Magnolia Mall
2701 David McLeod Blvd.
Florence, SC 29501
843-864-1183

Don't know how close they would be to you.
From the pictures, the covers do not seem to cover the LNB assembly, so cover size
should not be hard to fix? Good luck
'Canes fan.

Both of those are a fair drive away (1hr+). But DishRags will do direct to consumer sales for $25 (+$3 s/h) and they do carry the Slimline covers in the same logos available for the round dishes. And their email responses were lightning fast today. I haven't ordered one yet, but they will definitely get my business, and I recommend you call/email them too if you want a college logo/mascot skin/cover. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)