Dish Smart Card Swap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got my smart cards on Tuesday however my three 510's got a smart card but my other 612 did not get one. It said on the paper that it does not need a smart card. My 612 never had a card to begin with. I got it in the end of July. Does it not need one and is the new security features build into the receiver?

I got my smart cards on Tuesday however my three 510's got a smart card but my other 612 did not get one. It said on the paper that it does not need a smart card. My 612 never had a card to begin with. I got it in the end of July. Does it not need one and is the new security features build into the receiver?

Not to pile on you in particular, but for the 30th time in this thread, yes, 612s already have the right card built in (but it does have one). Look elsewhere in this thread, and you will see how to make sure.

PLEASE, can someone compile a "Smart Card FAQ" thread and make it a sticky?

I have a 622 and live in Glastonbury, CT; just received my smart card and literally in two minutes the whole process was done . . . great job Dish for not creating any problems for me!

I just receiverd my smart cards in the mail. Checked the receiver numbers to be sure they match, but I am going to wait until the morning, incase I have trouble I have programs recording tonight and do not want to loose them, since the instructions say it takes 20 minutes for the receiver to reboot and authorize all programing and then you should run through the channels to be sure you can get all authorized channels. I do not have time before my recordings start.

Not to pile on you in particular, but for the 30th time in this thread, yes, 612s already have the right card built in (but it does have one). Look elsewhere in this thread, and you will see how to make sure.

PLEASE, can someone compile a "Smart Card FAQ" thread and make it a sticky?

Channel 998 should be a sticky enough, It is a video on how to insert the cards. It would really take a dum ass to need to watch a video on inserting the cards.

quicky question on the new cards

My grandma was sent a new (refurbed probably) 311 receiver from Dish to replace a 301 that blowed up (see the "what happened to dish tech support" thread for that escapade) but I got the new box today and there was no smart card in the slot.

I know other boxes (612 etc the newer ones) have the purple card built in but does that also apply to non HD/DVR boxes? When they placed the order that night for the replacement the tech support person (NOT customer no service...this one wasn't from India,etc) assured me there was a new smart card in the box.

a simple yes or no would have been suffice :rolleyes:

I'll take my question and answer it by itself as "yes it does"

see smitty I bring up the thread (so you dont whine about searching) and you STILL piss in it

a simple yes or no would have been suffice :rolleyes:

I'll take my question and answer it by itself as "yes it does"

see smitty I bring up the thread (so you dont whine about searching) and you STILL piss in it

I can't give a fish from here - I did try to teach you how to do fishing. :D
Press Menu twice and read numbers after DNASP. Post it here. Then I could tell you. Really, it is simple. ;)
[There is no pissing contest, man].

and you couldnt have said that in the first place? Since I havent had Dish in 18 months I dont follow them as closely as some folks do. Since we had smart card issues with the (now dead) box I didnt want to get this one up and running only to have programming gone in a few days because the smartcard is dead.

and since my grandma has a hard enough time figuring out what to do when she has the "blacked out" screen on her TV, asking her to press some buttons is out of the question ;)

I'll take the tech's word :eek: and say there is a new card in it :)

Suffice it to say, Dish will get you a card if you need one before the new security is in place.

Assuming you are a legitimate sub. Only hackers need worry about being cut off.

I have been a Dish Subscriber for over 10 years now and I’m not a hacker!

I was just reading through this thread and wondered when the swap was going to be complete.

I have five receivers (722, 625, 522, 522 and 501) and I have not gotten any new cards.

Why are you so rude????

Suffice it to say, Dish will get you a card if you need one before the new security is in place.

Assuming you are a legitimate sub. Only hackers need worry about being cut off.

I have been a Dish Subscriber for over 10 years now and I’m not a hacker!

I was just reading through this thread and wondered when the swap was going to be complete.

I have five receivers (722, 625, 522, 522 and 501) and I have not gotten any new cards.

Why are you so rude????

Pay no attention to Smith. He can be a piece of work. His usual posts consist of assuming new posters are hackers and answering every question with a cantankerous "Your question was answered 3 years ago. Why didn't you search the archived forums?" So, to answer your question, don't worry about being left out. Dish isn't going to do anything until everyone's receivers are taken care of. More than likely, the date is fluid, not set. Once all the cards are sent out, and everyone's receivers are taken care of, then they'll discontinue the old encryption.

Not being rude, just your question (when is Nagra 2 gone) is about the top hacker question these days.

I have not gotten new cards, either. Neither have about 30% of subs according to a poll a few weeks ago. No need to worry, Dish will get you cards.

Besides, only Dish has the answer to your question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)