Dish Smart Card Swap

thanks!!!

Pay no attention to Smith. He can be a piece of work. His usual posts consist of assuming new posters are hackers and answering every question with a cantankerous "Your question was answered 3 years ago. Why didn't you search the archived forums?" So, to answer your question, don't worry about being left out. Dish isn't going to do anything until everyone's receivers are taken care of. More than likely, the date is fluid, not set. Once all the cards are sent out, and everyone's receivers are taken care of, then they'll discontinue the old encryption.

I received a message on my 722 about a week or 2 ago that I would be needing a new smart card and to call an 800 number if I need help installing it. It popped up more and more frequently as the days went on. I finally called and they said that I needed to call in order for them to send them and the message would not show up anymore. They told me it would take up to 30 days for them to be sent and then up to 2 more weeks for me to receive them so I don't think the cut off is for quite some time.

Well if you look at the back of a smart card, it says nagra and this is the second time I've heard of the card swap.

So, I said nagra 2, assuming the next one would be nagra 3.

Not being rude, just your question (when is Nagra 2 gone) is about the top hacker question these days.

I have not gotten new cards, either. Neither have about 30% of subs according to a poll a few weeks ago. No need to worry, Dish will get you cards.

Besides, only Dish has the answer to your question.

I have not gotten any messages, as of yet on any of my receivers. I assume I will soon.

I received a message on my 722 about a week or 2 ago that I would be needing a new smart card and to call an 800 number if I need help installing it. It popped up more and more frequently as the days went on. I finally called and they said that I needed to call in order for them to send them and the message would not show up anymore. They told me it would take up to 30 days for them to be sent and then up to 2 more weeks for me to receive them so I don't think the cut off is for quite some time.

Charlie told the analysts in his last financial call that it would probably all be done by next November with various market segments starting to be switched on around February and continuing from there- the transition will be a roll out.

Our polling expert ( see his stats) estimates 5-6 percent changeout per month and completion around July.

Since the old card expires if the new card is not inserted within a few weeks, there shouldn't be a delay in getting the swapout done.

I just received my 4 cards on Saturday. I put one in a 622 and one in a 211 and had no problems. Did not want to do the others yet so I would not mess with active recordings.

Suffice it to say, Dish will get you a card if you need one before the new security is in place.

Assuming you are a legitimate sub. Only hackers need worry about being cut off.

Hmmm.....

I guess that means dishnow prepaid customers are not real legitimate subs even though they are paying customers. In some ways they are better than regular subs because dish has gotten paid in advance. How will dish get our cards to us since they have no address info on file for prepaid dishnow boxes other than the zipcode? Regardless they don't have the required info on file to complete a swap at this point. in fact they haven't even begun to solictite this info from dishnow subs, since dishnow prepaid includes international, movie channels, adult, dish latino, and up to AT250 about the only thing that dish can move over to nagra 3 is PPV. Unless one day soon dish just plans on systematically shutting down prepaid boxes which they have already collected money on because dish cant get there act together and organzie a prepaid customer swap. I guess that is too much to expect from a company involved with satellites and rocket science!

I'm pretty sure Dish has some way in mind to handle the prepaid customers. You certainty are a legitimate sub. My post was only in reference to the hackers who are the only ones wit a good reason to worry about Nagra 3.

I just got one card for the 622. My 722 did not get a card. I didn't check it though to see if maybe the installer already had a card in the slot. I wouldn't think so because I got the 722 installed back in May or June, or was it July? Hell, I can't remember exactly.

Hmmm.....

I guess that means dishnow prepaid customers are not real legitimate subs even though they are paying customers. In some ways they are better than regular subs because dish has gotten paid in advance. How will dish get our cards to us since they have no address info on file for prepaid dishnow boxes other than the zipcode? Regardless they don't have the required info on file to complete a swap at this point. in fact they haven't even begun to solictite this info from dishnow subs, since dishnow prepaid includes international, movie channels, adult, dish latino, and up to AT250 about the only thing that dish can move over to nagra 3 is PPV. Unless one day soon dish just plans on systematically shutting down prepaid boxes which they have already collected money on because dish cant get there act together and organzie a prepaid customer swap. I guess that is too much to expect from a company involved with satellites and rocket science!

Knowing Dish they probably forgot completely about the prepaid customers, when they switch over and a ton of service calls come in they will come up with method of fixing them. More likely they will start converting tiers over and when the prepaid try to subscribe to a tier that is converted they will have to give an address for the smartcard's delivery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts