Dish Smithsonian PQ disappointment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
Watching Aerial American Utah on Dish Network the PQ is really bad compared to Directv. This was one of my favorite shows so really disappointed the quality could be this different.
Not something I would even waste my time watching now, you need crisp clear stunning visuals for this type of programming. Even the Smithsonian logo looks bad.

Now second guessing this move to Dish. If only I had locals with Directv I would of never moved.

Watching Aerial American Utah on Dish Network the PQ is really bad compared to Directv. This was one of my favorite shows so really disappointed the quality could be this different.
Not something I would even waste my time watching now, you need crisp clear stunning visuals for this type of programming. Even the Smithsonian logo looks bad.

Now second guessing this move to Dish. If only I had locals with Directv I would of never moved.

That's either a gross exaggeration or you have something set wrong.

It was in HD, Aerial American Utah. I've checked the programming this afternoon and looks much better. Even the Smithsonian logo was pixelating and not doing it now. I recorded part of the show for reference when I contact Dish.

It almost looked out of focus at times.

Attachments

• smith.JPG
    smith.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 195
did you guys know that smithsonian channel has a 4k channel that dish should be able to pick up and add it to their lineup.

we do ?? on the h3 or like roku ?? i knew they had a subscription channel that looked nice on the roku, but not sure about anything else.
thanks for any information!!
You are correct, Dish itself doesn't have an On Demand for Smithsonian, at least that I can find. You can get the Smithsonian on a Roku but you will need to have a Dish sub that includes Smithsonian to get it. We will have to wait until April to see where and how we will be able to watch the 10 hours worth of programming in 4K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)