Dish - Split Screen for NCAA tournament?

gizbug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Dish keeps advertising you can watch 2 games at once when the NCAA tournament starts
Forgive me, but how do you accomplish this on the hopper?

I'm guessing using the PIP, but I haven't seen that ad. Also they will likely use the multichannel for the NCAA

In that case, what *I* would expect is a quad split screen showing all four channels. Even better would be a cursor on the screen highlighting one channel. The sound follows the cursor, and if you press 'Select', you get taken to the appropriate channel.

There is no split screen channel. Plain and simple. They were most likely talking about being able to watch two HD channels at once using the VIP and Hopper receivers in a side-by-side PIP.

I was looking at the apps, and there is one that is on channel 151 that offers 4 channels for the basketball.

CBSSN, Tru, TNT, TBS.

They are referencing the tool specifically used for the NCAA Basketball Games. If you have a hopper, you just go to channel 151, and it should be 4 screens split. I just changed mine to it now, and its on 6 screens, with one that says unavailable(Im guessing something blacked out or unsubscribed like an RSN). You can also find it in the apps on the hopper, under sports>College Basketball Top 25 which will also give the option for channel 151.

They are referencing the tool specifically used for the NCAA Basketball Games. If you have a hopper, you just go to channel 151, and it should be 4 screens split. I just changed mine to it now, and its on 6 screens, with one that says unavailable(Im guessing something blacked out or unsubscribed like an RSN). You can also find it in the apps on the hopper, under sports>College Basketball Top 25 which will also give the option for channel 151.
yep, that would be the Big Ten network that's blacked out, same goes for PAC 12 Network as both are RSNs.

Do DirecTV boxes allow for split screen HD PIP like the VIP dish boxes?
I know the Genie Does, but with the same limitations as the Hopper: PIP at Hopper/Genie, not at the clients. However, Dish does have a feature at both Hopper and Joey that keeps at least 3 (more if tuned to more than one LiL) channels in the buffer, and you switch to the one you want at anytime. This is called the MULTI-SWAP feature and must be enabled on your Hopper Joey through the menu, SETTINGS, DIAGNOSTICS, MULTI-SWAP. You can only view ONE channel at a time (no PIP), but you can swap between the many channels quickly and have full trick play on all channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)