Dish still have those HDtvs they were selling awhile back?

aznxrice said:
i remember seeing them on the site but not anymore...anyone know?
They were clearing out the tubed TV's in preparation for launching some Chinese LCDs, The LCDs flopped and I imagine they cleared out the other JUNK. :)

I remember about ten months ago Dish sold off the remaining inventory of tube HDTV sets from the back of semi trailers in the Denver area for a couple weekends. That was the end of the CRT HDTV experiment by Dish.

I was wondering what happened to the TV sets they were selling.
edit: Note that I didn't use a question mark chaddux.

Sarang said:
I was wondering what happened to the TV sets they were selling.

Well, try reading the thread you just replied to. Two different people have already answered that question.

Just got a letter today from Dish announcing their annual price increase, the top 120 is going from $385 to $418 per year. Included in the letter was a flyer announcing all the new prices and also an ad for their 34inch HD tube TV for $699. I guess they aren't all gone after all.

As Far as I know Dish is no longer selling the TV's. I as a Retailer can no longer order them from Dish. 6 months ago they were selling the LCD version on the Shop at Home network for a couple of weeks as ULTRA brand. I bought one and when you turn it on it shows the DISH logo and if you remove the P-Touch label off the front another Dish Logo.

sA :: Shaggy said:
you guys do understand that the Dish tvs have a special dvi connector so even if you wanted you cant us this tv with other dvi connecters or service.

You SURE? While this was said earlier on, it's been reported that there's nothing special about the DVI port on the Dish TVs.

I haven't personally tried it, but if it's critical, I could drag my DVD player upstairs and try it but I'd rather hear from someone who's tried a DVI/HDCP source.

I don't have any devices that do HDCP, but the RCA TV that the Dish set is copied from supports it.

catnap1972 said:
AT120 was already $37.99/mo (assuming 11 months upfront = $418.00). Seems like flyer was advertising last year's rates/this year's rate increase
You got me wondering so went into the files and found last years bill for annual service. It was $385 for the top 120. :confused:

Grandude said:
You got me wondering so went into the files and found last years bill for annual service. It was $385 for the top 120. :confused:

You're probably paying the annual service based on this year's rates. The $418 would be based on 11 months of service at the current rate, not whatever it goes up to in either 1/06 or 2/06 (which would be the benefit of paying in full--any rate increase would be pushed back to whenever your current year ends)

David_Levin said:
You SURE? While this was said earlier on, it's been reported that there's nothing special about the DVI port on the Dish TVs.

I haven't personally tried it, but if it's critical, I could drag my DVD player upstairs and try it but I'd rather hear from someone who's tried a DVI/HDCP source.

I don't have any devices that do HDCP, but the RCA TV that the Dish set is copied from supports it.

There is nothing special about the dvi connection on the TV. I bought one of the RP models for a secondary HD set in my basement. It works just fine with all my DVI outputs from my DVD player, DVD recorder. I have even used a HDMI/DVI convertor on the RP model, works just fine.

Just for kicks, I just hooked it up to the DVI output from my computer. Working fine there too.

SatinKzo said:
There is nothing special about the dvi connection on the TV. I bought one of the RP models for a secondary HD set in my basement. It works just fine with all my DVI outputs from my DVD player, DVD recorder. I have even used a HDMI/DVI convertor on the RP model, works just fine.

Just for kicks, I just hooked it up to the DVI output from my computer. Working fine there too.

Realy i have heard a lot of people on review sites saying that the TV will only work with dish....
"Cons:
This set WILL NOT WORK AT ALL unless a Dish HD receiver is attached and running. You quit Dish service to switch to DirecTV or Cable or if you simply wish to use an OTA decoder box, the set will leave you crying. It will not function at all. You must stick with Dish service - else your investment is for naught."
Quote Found HERE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)