Dish Swings to Third-Quarter Loss

Where is Dish outsourcing to, Canada? I've never talked to a rep who had a foreign accent. Even on a Sunday morning. I can't say that with any other service provider I've had.

EDIT: I take the last sentence back. I have Wide Open West as my internet/phone provider and I've never talked to a csr of their's with a foreign accent either. Maybe that's why both companies are highly rated in consumer surveys?

How often do you call Dish at night?

I don't know how it is now with dish,never call with the exception of the loyalty calls over the AMC dispute but,in the past I had the mis-pleasure of speaking with a few reps that English definitely wasn't their primary language.

I have too. I had called late one night a few years back and the female that I was talking to sounded Indian had no idea what she was doing. I asked her where she was and she said Trinidad and Tobago.

I know dish did have a call center in the philippines. Whether or not they still do I could not say.

The Philippines was one, not sure if they are still there either. My understanding is there is only 1 or 2 outsourced locations that handle billing, and CS duties if the U.S. call centers are having trouble keeping up.

I know dish did have a call center in the philippines. Whether or not they still do I could not say.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I think Dish dropped the PI & India based call centers. I remember a few years ago calling about something or other and getting a very nervous woman with an Indian accent. Whether new or just had a bad experience, I don't know. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to discuss where they're located, so who can be sure? Anyway, I ended up helping her relax and educated her about how something actually worked. Her super either fed her bum info or she misunderstood. It was notable because she accepted what I told her without argument. How many of us have had CSRs get adamant about something they clearly had no clue about?

I've been lucky. I don't recall any bad phone experiences with Dish.

Of course, my rememberer ain't what it used to be. ;)

navychop said:
I think Dish dropped the PI & India based call centers. I remember a few years ago calling about something or other and getting a very nervous woman with an Indian accent. Whether new or just had a bad experience, I don't know. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to discuss where they're located, so who can be sure? Anyway, I ended up helping her relax and educated her about how something actually worked. Her super either fed her bum info or she misunderstood. It was notable because she accepted what I told her without argument. How many of us have had CSRs get adamant about something they clearly had no clue about?

I've been lucky. I don't recall any bad phone experiences with Dish.

Of course, my rememberer ain't what it used to be. ;)

I know years back you are correct, it was policy to not advise location so it is hard to say what they currently have in operation.

Glad you have been lucky in your calls, many have not been so fortunate. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts