This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH Switch error

vilmedia

Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
I have a dish 1000 at my home in Tennessee, picking up all 3 satellites without a problem (110, 119, 129), and I brought my receiver to my second home in Florida, set up another dish, but can only get 110 and 119. Testing the switch indicates that 129 the hookup is fine, but the satellite is not being received. I swapped the LNB's with my unit in Tennessee, but still no 129. Any ideas on this one?
Thanks!!

Really?

Didn't know that...! I thought a subscription to the service worked anywhere.

Didn't know that...! I thought a subscription to the service worked anywhere.

The agreement with dish service is one account per household. But your problem may be not being or being along the fringe of the 129 footprint. Also make sure you are not pointed too far to the right, run line from only one sat location and see if that is the signal you are getting. You may be getting 110 through the 119 lnb and 119 through the 129 lnb.

thanks for the reply

I appreciate the feedback. I will check the dish alignment with that in mind.
Thanks again.

Oh yeah...I think Florida is too far east for 129. I have family down there who has to use 61.5 just like I do up here in NY.

You may then need to add at least a Dish 300 for 61.5, which carries the same content as 129 I think.

And are you reeally allowed to bring the extra box? Last I checked I needed an extra subscription for a cabin that is not occupied by anyone else but the subscribers.