7.00 Leased Receiver Fee
Leased Receiver Fee - Adjustment - 7.00
Addl Receiver Access Fee 7.00
3 Premium Package 30.00
DishDVR Advantage, You Saved $5.98! 49.99

To this:

Current Programming: GoldHD, Classic Silver 200
Local Channels: New York, NY DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, PlatinumHD
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK, MSG, MSG+, Big Ten Network, SPORTSNET NY, DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO, DISH Network DVR Service Fee

I know there is a price increase and I have not yet received my bill. So am I getting screwed? Should I call up and get switched back to DVR advantage?

Same thing here... but on AT 250.... pricing is as follows on my new statement:

Feb 16 - Mar 15 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Can Save $5
By Connecting Your Receiver To A Phone Line /
Broadband.)
Broadband.)
Classic Gold 250 With Locals 62.99
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00

$111.95 total.

Which I think is wrong, as I have (2) 722's, both connected to Broadband and no discount showing. I'm about to drop WAY after the games being played with pricing, updates, and channel removals.

I went from:

7.00 Leased Receiver Fee
3 Premium Package 30.00

To this:

Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, PlatinumHD
International or Ala Carte Add-ons: Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK, MSG, MSG+, Big Ten Network, SPORTSNET NY, DISH'n It Up 1st HD AO, DISH Network DVR Service Fee

I know there is a price increase and I have not yet received my bill. So am I getting screwed? Should I call up and get switched back to DVR advantage?

You never even called them. They changed your packages on their own without any help from you.

Same thing here... but on AT 250.... pricing is as follows on my new statement:

Feb 16 - Mar 15 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
Broadband.)
Broadband.)
Classic Gold 250 With Locals 62.99
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00

$111.95 total.

Which I think is wrong, as I have (2) 722's, both connected to Broadband and no discount showing. I'm about to drop WAY after the games being played with pricing, updates, and channel removals.

If you receivers are connected you shouldn't get the $5.00 charge. The second 722 does cost 7.00. You;re getting locals so you should be in DVR Advantage program which would save you one of the $5.98 DVR fees. Under the new rates you would have:

DDA Gold Classic $67.99 (includes locals, 1 DVR fee, 1 lease fee)
Gold HD 10.00
Platinum HD 10.00
Add'l 722 7.00
Total $94.99

Not being on DDA is costing you 98 cents plus the two $5 nonconnection charges.

I went from:

7.00 Leased Receiver Fee
3 Premium Package 30.00

To this:

E* changed this for everyone who called in to express their dissatisfaction with the Voom removal.

Dish DVR advantage is only allowed for At200 so they charge you $10 more for the 250 and $10 more for each additional premium like HD and movie channels. Dish DVR advantage saves you about 6 bucks and you save about 2 to 3 for each movie channel. Depending on which movie channel you have. Also if you activate a receiver on eastern arc and don't want HD there is no HD enabeing fee.

I went from:

7.00 Leased Receiver Fee
3 Premium Package 30.00

To this:

Before you had DDA AT200 49.99
AT250 premium add-on 10.00
Gold HD 10.00
Plat HD 10.00
etc.

Gold used to be Silver plus a $10 premium add-on for you. Now they are just calling it Classic Gold. Without seeing any bill details before and after, it is impossible to know whether you are being billed correctly.

Silly me, I upgraded to HD (swapped a 522 for a 722) at the beginning of February and now I cannot figure out what the heck Dish is charging me for.

Classic Gold 250 with locals - prepaid for the year
Gold HD $10.00
Multi-Sport $5.99
Platinum HD $10.00 (supposed to get a credit for this - 3 free months promo)
TV2 connection $0.00 (since phone line is hooked up)
Leased Receiver Fee (722) $7.00
Solo Receiver Fee (508) $5.00
Locals $5.99

Now I thought that the 1st lease fee is included in the price, or is that only for DVR Advantage only? And I'm surprised there is no $5.98 DVR fee for the 722 ... dang but Dish makes it so difficult to figure out what your bill should be. :mad:

**Edit - looks like the $7.00 for the 722 is legit, only DVR Advantage waives the first lease fee.

Oh and BTW I bought the AT250 / Classic Gold on January 29th, but for some reason it was not billed until February 2nd, and of course with the new increase. :mad::mad: I'm still working on that one.

But what irks me is that Dish has now added a "hidden" fee increase of $5 / $7 for each account by adding this "Receiver Fee" whether the receiver is leased or purchased. I didn't used to pay any "just because" fee for my primary receiver, now I'm stuck with a $7.00 fee for the 722, which I cannot avoid even by buying a 722 outright.

Edit again: here is what is stated in the offer details for the Classic Packages: DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557
Equipment must be returned to DISH Network upon termination of qualifying service. Limit 4 tuners per account. Monthly package price includes an equipment rental fee of $5.00 or $7.00 for first receiver, based on selected model. A monthly equipment rental fee of $5.00 or $7.00 will be charged for each receiver beyond the first, based on selected model. A $5.00/mo. TV2 receiver connection fee applies for each dual-tuner receiver; fee will be waived monthly for each such receiver continuously connected to Customer’s phone line.
But on the fees and disclosures page this is stated: DISH Network - Customer Service - 1.888.825.2557
Monthly Receiver Charges

Solo, Duo, Solo DVR, DuoDVR Receivers (Standard Definition)$5.00Solo, Duo, Solo DVR, DuoDVR Receivers (High Definition)$7.00DISH DVR Service$5.98TV2 Receiver Connection$5.00
Monthly connection charge for Duo receivers will be waived when your Duo receiver is continuously plugged into a phone or internet connection.
Dish can't even keep their fact straight anymore.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)