Dish /T-Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So what will the new DISH cell service be called I wonder? If we stay with the Australian animal names.... Wombat cell company? ;) Now where will DISH get retail shops to sell their phones now that they will have the Boost pre paid cell phones? That would mean a lot of rent every month to support the new sell company public retail stores. If only they had kept the Blockbuster stores they would have plenty of store fronts. Maybe Sprint , which won't exist anymore, will sell their leases to DISH since they won't need them .

So far the planned name is Dish Wireless.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Guess it depends where you live.

I moved from AT&T to T-Mobile, and my speed tests on AT&T were around 7.3 MB down, while on T Mobile I am getting around 72 Meg Down. I have been happy with the move.

Of course I understand in other areas this may not be the case.
We also switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 8 months ago. Verizon would not sell us an unlimited 55+ plan, T-Mobile has several 55+ plans. We’re saving $100 a month, yes $1,200 a year, and coverage has been great. Of course coverage depends on where you live.

Considering Dish seems to like naming everything either Sling or Flex lately my guess is that it will probably be one of the two, or both. :biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
I travel a lot and I have an MVNO on the AT&T network, along with a company-provided Sprint hotspot. There are dead spots on some parts of the interstate with the Sprint hotspot. I can get no Sprint or T-Mobile service at my in-laws' house.

Even with the Sprint/T-Mo merger, I don't see the combined coverage being anywhere near Verizon's or AT&T's.

Eh, I'd say T-Mo's network at this point, with their new long-range 5G and 4G signals on 600 MHz, is considerably better than Sprint's network, which is what your hotspot accesses. And then when you consider that the New T-Mo will also build out 5G on all that sweet-spot 2.5 GHz spectrum that Sprint owns, they're going to have a powerhouse network. Every network has some isolated dead spots (including both Verizon and AT&T) but in a couple years, if you have an updated device that can access all the supported frequencies, I think that the New T-Mo will be on par with both Verizon and AT&T overall.

I think that we are the only ones that care . Dish will get the prepaid low income and churn service from T-Mobile. You have Verizon, Att, T-Mobile/sprint . And the rest of America will say Dish who . Customers are not switching to dish mobile isn’t it the same as sprint who couldn’t survive.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I’ll believe it when I see it. I live in a fairly major metro area (Pittsburgh area) and I tried t-mobile for a few months. There were dead spots where AT&T’s network works great for me. Looking at cellmapper Sprint doesn’t service those areas either and is even worse. There also was more congestion we experienced at peak times in some areas than AT&T (but not as bad as Verizon which is VERY congested around here.)

Eh, I'd say T-Mo's network at this point, with their new long-range 5G and 4G signals on 600 MHz, is considerably better than Sprint's network, which is what your hotspot accesses. And then when you consider that the New T-Mo will also build out 5G on all that sweet-spot 2.5 GHz spectrum that Sprint owns, they're going to have a powerhouse network. Every network has some isolated dead spots (including both Verizon and AT&T) but in a couple years, if you have an updated device that can access all the supported frequencies, I think that the New T-Mo will be on par with both Verizon and AT&T overall.

Reactions: dare2be
I was a customer of Virgin Mobile a Sprint-owned reseller until yesterday when I was moved to Boost Mobile another Sprint-owned reseller. In the move my new plan is unlimited everything and tax included for the same price as my VM plan. I was not aware that Sprint agreed to sell Boost Mobile to Dish to get the merger done. So unless I jump to T-Mobile like so many seem to be I'll eventually be a customer of Charlie's 5G system. Not sure whether to be glad or sad.
DISH will be getting sprints prepaid customers

From article: Google has denied any talks with Dish. Amazon didn’t return a request for comment.

Hmmm.....
There have been multiple talks that google is not, however there have also been articles about how the CEO has been in talks with Dish, outside of Alphabet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)