Dish Tailgater not rotating.

CREWofMAROON

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 10, 2011
This past weekend, I was tailgaiting and we suddently had a quick storm roll through. Unfortunaly the one time I did not secure my tailgater to the roof of my RV, the wind blew it off and it hit the ground. I opened the tailgater and made a quick assesment and all looked good. I proceeded to go through normal process of setup and it will not locate satelites. I opened the tailgater again and notice that the elevation is working but the rotation is not. Anyone ever break a tailgater down to see operation? :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Lots of luck fixing it. Never heard of Dish or anyone offering repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Let us know how that works out.

You'll have to ship the unit back to King Controls on your own dime and they will look at it. You will have to pay for any repairs or the replacement of it. I've had to ship a few Tailgater back to King Controls. They're not the greatest company to work with for support but they're not the worst either.

Well after reading the King Controls VOID if you open the top. I pretty much knew where I stood with them concerning help. I opened the tailgater again, and after scanning the inside over and over, I found a tab that helps keep the dish stable was jarred to cause the dish to jam. I unscrewed the tab, put back as should be and BAM., good to go.

Well after reading the King Controls VOID if you open the top. I pretty much knew where I stood with them concerning help. I opened the tailgater again, and after scanning the inside over and over, I found a tab that helps keep the dish stable was jarred to cause the dish to jam. I unscrewed the tab, put back as should be and BAM., good to go.

Sweet. I've seen the insides of these before and there's not much to them. Good to hear you fixed it.

Since this is a tailgater thread I figured I would ask about it. I am planning on getting on with the 211k. If I hook up an inverter on my van...... can I just use my van as power? I'll just keep in running. I have been reading about the tailgater and I hear you have to download software on the 211k before it can be used. Can I just hook it up to my home Dish system and do that?

If I hook up a EHD and pay $40 I can use it as a DVR right? Does it have 2 tuners if you hook up an antenna? Sorry about all the questions. I just want to get all the info I can. Thanks in advance!

All yes, except its a single tuner.

It is a single tuner but he asked if it has 2 with an antenna hooked up. It does. Before I had the hopper Joey setup I had a 722k and 2 211ks both with EHD and OTA hooked up. The 211s can record one satellite and one OTA channel at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a single tuner but he asked if it has 2 with an antenna hooked up. It does. Before I had the hopper Joey setup I had a 722k and 2 211ks both with EHD and OTA hooked up. The 211s can record one satellite and one OTA channel at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep. You did a more careful reading than I. Nice catch!

Glad you got it working. I've found King Controls to be pretty much not very helpful. I think it's because they have no money to make off you once you buy the Tailgater (other than out-of-warranty work). You're not a continuous customer like you are to Dish, they (and the TV manufacturers) seem to have a really poor attitude toward customer service and tech support.

Glad you got it working. I've found King Controls to be pretty much not very helpful. I think it's because they have no money to make off you once you buy the Tailgater (other than out-of-warranty work). You're not a continuous customer like you are to Dish, they (and the TV manufacturers) seem to have a really poor attitude toward customer service and tech support.

It sucks even worse for a retailer selling their product. We have to deal with their customer service and we barely make any money on the product. If we have to work on one Tailgater under warranty we lose all our profit just to keep the customer happy.

Where is this tab located? My tailgater also won’t spin.

Where exactly was the tab located?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Where exactly was the tab?

I don’t have a Tailgater so I’m posting this without first-hand knowledge of the innards, but maybe this video from Solid Signal might help.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)