Dish Offering Price Lock for Two Years - Any Takers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I received an email from Dish last Wednesday offering me a chance to “Lock in“ our current programming package price for the next two years. Since I had downgraded to the Flex Pack I wanted to know what impact adding or removing the additional programming packages might have. The agent assured me that as long as we kept Dish Network we would not be subject to the early termination and that adding or removing additional Flex Packs would not impact the Two Year Price Lock, with the exception of the Locals Pack. That price (currently $12/mo.) is not locked. I had canceled our Locals since we get them OTA, so I wasn’t concerned about that.

I went ahead and signed up for another two years. My offer expired 8/29/2022, but I didn’t know if this was widely available or if other SatelliteGuys had seen it or had different expiration dates.

I would expect a monthly discount, not just a price lock for a 2 year commitment.
Actually, I'm surprised that Foxbat even got the price lock offer at all, with Flex Pack. The last time I had Flex Pack (without locals, just like Foxbat) and my original two-year price lock expired, I asked Dish about getting another two-year price lock. They told me "No!" in no uncertain terms.

The bad part is that I switched to Flex Pack and got my original price lock way back when Flex Pack was first introduced. In those two years, there was no increase to the regular everyday price of Flex Pack. So, I got absolutely no benefit from that price lock. Then, when the price of Flex Pack actually was about to increase, that was when I suddenly no longer qualified for a price lock. I ended up downgrading to Welcome Pack to save money.

You can get a $20 monthly discount with a 2 year lock if you ask nicely
Off the price of Flex Pack? Not likely. The most discount I got was $5 off per month for having Autopay, and I already had that discount before signing the contract for the price lock deal I mentioned above.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and Foxbat
I received an email from Dish last Wednesday offering me a chance to “Lock in“ our current programming package price for the next two years. Since I had downgraded to the Flex Pack I wanted to know what impact adding or removing the additional programming packages might have. The agent assured me that as long as we kept Dish Network we would not be subject to the early termination and that adding or removing additional Flex Packs would not impact the Two Year Price Lock, with the exception of the Locals Pack. That price (currently $12/mo.) is not locked. I had canceled our Locals since we get them OTA, so I wasn’t concerned about that.

I went ahead and signed up for another two years. My offer expired 8/29/2022, but I didn’t know if this was widely available or if other SatelliteGuys had seen it or had different expiration dates.
I wonder if Dish would let me get a price lock for my Locals Only package now. I saw a hint that the price of Locals may be going up soon. See my post here:

So, I wonder if this is why the agent made sure to single out that the Locals Pack is not included in the price lock. As you can see from the picture in my linked post, though, there are actually apparently two different Locals "Add-Ons" available. That's right, my $25 Locals Only basic package is now listed as an "Add-On."

I suppose this could just be a glitch with the listing on the mydish site. Perhaps Dish actually is about to allow me to drop the $12 Locals from my programming, and simply pay the $25 per month as an "Access Fee" for all of Dish's free channels. Ideally, the $12 would be deducted from that $25, making my "Access Fee" only $13 per month if I choose to drop Locals. It doesn't look like the packages are listed that way, though.

This thread is not the first place where I have seen a post about someone getting an email from Dish offering a two-year price lock. Someone also posted about that recently in the Pub Members section. I have to wonder why Dish is just now making a sudden push to try to get people into price lock deals. Is there a major price increase coming next month? That would mean that this is the last chance to lock in the current prices.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Of course, Dish's system can be funny when it comes to making modifications. I received the price lock option, but had reservations. I didn't want to be contacting Dish about fixing the problem if I signed up for National Sports pack a couple nights and then dropped it, and that messing up the pricing set up.

I called to see if I could lock-in the 2 yr price and was offered the new Hopper+ and 2 wireless Joeys + a few other trinkets. I was so surprised I forgot to ask for the lock-in price!!!
Did they also offer you installation before September 15? Supposedly these aren't available to existing customers until then at the earliest.

I called to see if I could lock-in the 2 yr price and was offered the new Hopper+ and 2 wireless Joeys + a few other trinkets. I was so surprised I forgot to ask for the lock-in price!!!
Did they also offer you installation before September 15? Supposedly these aren't available to existing customers until then at the earliest.
Never mind. I just read your other thread. Did you decide to keep the 9/4 installation appointment, or cancel it?

I been offer 2 diffrent price locks for 2 years, both would resulted me pay 15-25$ MORE for those 2 years then what i paying, month with all discounts i have applied to my account. So it depends on your situations i guess and if you already constantly calling ever 3-6months to reapply discounts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)