Dish tech saved my daughter....

dnszyk77

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
ohio
During my upgrade to 1h/2j on 5/5, my almost 4 year old daughter got trapped in our 2nd floor bathroom, as reported to me by her twin brother.

After i took a screwdriver upstairs and hearing her sobbing; her being strong enough to turn the lock, yet not strong enough to unlock it, i went back to the basement to get more tools. That is where kevin, the tech was working. I mentioned casually to him that she was stuck. He said it happened to his kids many times. He raced upstairs but was unable to open the door with the credit card trick. I thought i'd have to go thru
the window to get her. He offered use of his ladder but it was uneccesary after removing the handle and faceplate it reveiled a pin which he grabbed his pliers to turn which opened the door.

Glad he was there to help.

About the install, i had everything pretty much ready for him, changed out barrels to 3 ghz, had lines prewired to the joeys. Pointed out to him that the rg6 from the ground block wasnt rated to 3 ghz. He didnt want to change it(was rated 2.8 ghz).

He did run into problems with one joey that kept saying lost signal or something. Turns out his company was predownloading updates for the hopper only and he needed to run a check switch to fix. So that wasted an hour of his time but he did replace that cable that wasnt 3ghz when trying to troubleshoot.

Total time ar my home 2:45
Total time to intially hook up system and rescue my daughter, 40 min

Why is PTAT HD dependant? I am not a computer programmer, but that seems like something you SHOULD be able to toggle in the software. My customers are really PO'd since our locals are not HD unless you go OTA.

I mean, we can put a man on the moon (using a government agency no less)....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)