Dish Terminates More Retailers

This thread was as good a place as any to bring it up, but yes, this is a customer-to-Dish "game". In the end though, it's wrong and, IMO, discussions shouldn't be allowed. If Dish starts cracking down on it, good for them. I've always said that Dish should ask for proof of a customer's "new address" that they just moved to.

Could Dish get in trouble with the local TV stations and/or the national networks over this ? Dish could argue "we took the customer's word for this", of course and unless there's rules or agreements saying proof is req'd, Dish did nothing "wrong".
I agree. If E* doesn't ask for proof, well what can they really expect? Everyone to be honest. Yea right . I've done the moving thing, Quite frankly I'd rather have my own locals. It suck right now for football season, But I'd rather watch my local news then a town 150 miles away. Clearly "moving" isn't legal.! If it was you could just ask E* to get another citys local channels. Not Lie about your address. I had it a little easier then most I bet. Because my address is Pike county and Wayne County. Two different DMA's. Plus I have muiltiple accounts for my rental propertys, 3 different E* accounts, In 3 different countys. 3 different service adresses with all one billing address. and 3 Different DMA's

I disagree! Yes, it may be the customers who ask if they can get a new promotion, but its the retailer who makes the desicion to flip the account and do the installation.

You need to actually work the system everyday to know what im taking about, an existing customer trying to establish new service is going to set off so many warning messages in the system, its almost impossible to sign them up without knowing they are a flipped account.

Even if the customer still did "Make" it through the system and everything looked like a new customer, there is still going to be evidence of a previous installation when the installer shows up at the customers house. Its like I always tell my installers, if you see a DISH Network Dish on the house, call the office....

Now granted there is some that are going to fall through the cracks, especially customers who had an old account from years ago. If a customer has an account now, there is no way you can build a new account without doing some major address manipulation!

True statement for the most part. All I'm trying to say is for the retailers that were flat out stealing from Dish they should be terminated. But what about the telcos, as stated below, or Dish themselves. There are a few national sales companies (OE) that are getting hit hard right now and Dish does their installs.

It's ok for them to do it? It's OK for a retailer to lose his customer that he paid to aquire?

My opinion on this is Dish should of fixed their system first, so that this couldn't happen, terminate the retailers that were clearly comiting fraud, and slap the hand with a warning on the others that Dish is charging back today to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Wow... this original topic has gone all sorts of directions. I'd have to agree with Claude.... it's pretty difficult to "accidentally" flip an account. So the retailers that have been terminated must be pretty serious offenders. Customers do put a lot of pressure on the retailers because everybody wants free..free..free. But giving into that pressure by circumventing the rules puts the retailer at fault. So far I haven't seen the big money makers for E* getting any heat though. Of course I'm talking about the phone companies (no names mentioned) that offer to bundle your phone/internet/dish all one one bill and save you money. Trying to move an existing account so you can bundle and save money is pretty difficult and I've seen a lot of "flipping" there where the husband cancels and the wife signs up.. but unless things have changed making it easier to bundle I haven't seen that one addressed yet.
Point is though... as Claude said... it's hard to not know you're breaking the rules with the current system so those that have been terminated can't blame the customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)