Dish Terminates More Retailers

Any retailer that gets canned didn't get canned because of three, five, 10, or 50 customers being "culpable". They got canned because they broke their contract with Dish, and they had to work hard to do it.
What do you know about their contract with DISH and the specifics?
Do you have any idea how dish operates towards their retailers?

So if someoine comments pertaining to customers also being at fault then they must be from one of the fired companies?
You also have no clue.

actually I have a clue...you just like to sit here and go after people with lines like "you have no clue"

and if you read the original post that I quoted
I agree that unless one works in the industry or has personnally been affected by this topic, then they have no business posting in this particular thread.
that is why I said what I did. The person who did post that did readjust his comment so all is good :)

I'm sorry for not clarifying my position on this topic.
First off, it's not just non existing customers that Dish is busting retailers for. A majority of these "false" accounts are active customers that Dish calls "flipped".
A flipped account is a customer who had service, cancels service, and opens a new account under his wife, relative, etc..... This is the main reason for destroying many lives that Dish has come up with. This is also why I have been focusing my argument this direction.

More than 80% of these fraud accounts that Dish is terminating and charging back retailers for are flipped accounts. There are many of the cases where the retailer has no idea that it will be a flipped account because the customer has all ready spun their wheels with other retailers trying to get what they want, and after they figure out what they need to do, they find their victim.

I have seen the files from Dish on these retailers and this is how I know what is going on here.

Again, there are a few retailers that were out right stealing from Dish, but there are also some innocent victims here as well. So please do not group all these retailers together.

I disagree! Yes, it may be the customers who ask if they can get a new promotion, but its the retailer who makes the desicion to flip the account and do the installation.

You need to actually work the system everyday to know what im taking about, an existing customer trying to establish new service is going to set off so many warning messages in the system, its almost impossible to sign them up without knowing they are a flipped account.

Even if the customer still did "Make" it through the system and everything looked like a new customer, there is still going to be evidence of a previous installation when the installer shows up at the customers house. Its like I always tell my installers, if you see a DISH Network Dish on the house, call the office....

Now granted there is some that are going to fall through the cracks, especially customers who had an old account from years ago. If a customer has an account now, there is no way you can build a new account without doing some major address manipulation!

I disagree! Yes, it may be the customers who ask if they can get a new promotion, but its the retailer who makes the desicion to flip the account and do the installation.

You need to actually work the system everyday to know what im taking about, an existing customer trying to establish new service is going to set off so many warning messages in the system, its almost impossible to sign them up without knowing they are a flipped account.

Even if the customer still did "Make" it through the system and everything looked like a new customer, there is still going to be evidence of a previous installation when the installer shows up at the customers house. Its like I always tell my installers, if you see a DISH Network Dish on the house, call the office....

Now granted there is some that are going to fall through the cracks, especially customers who had an old account from years ago. If a customer has an account now, there is no way you can build a new account without doing some major address manipulation!

careful or the bobert might tell you that you don't know what you are talking about... :rolleyes:

But besides that, good post. you said it perfectly!

Yes fantastic, And that why you have a highly respectful business. And you'll continue in this business.

I'm sorry for not clarifying my position on this topic.
First off, it's not just non existing customers that Dish is busting retailers for. A majority of these "false" accounts are active customers that Dish calls "flipped".
A flipped account is a customer who had service, cancels service, and opens a new account under his wife, relative, etc..... This is the main reason for destroying many lives that Dish has come up with. This is also why I have been focusing my argument this direction.

More than 80% of these fraud accounts that Dish is terminating and charging back retailers for are flipped accounts. There are many of the cases where the retailer has no idea that it will be a flipped account because the customer has all ready spun their wheels with other retailers trying to get what they want, and after they figure out what they need to do, they find their victim.

I have seen the files from Dish on these retailers and this is how I know what is going on here.

Again, there are a few retailers that were out right stealing from Dish, but there are also some innocent victims here as well. So please do not group all these retailers together.

Oooooohhhh. He's seen the files!!!! With BS stats like that who's gonna doubt him. Oops, me.

I swear, it's like watching a CSR trying to explain why DISH does what it does.

No one on this list will be missed. Or the one before, or before that...

After being in this industry for some time as an installer when I roll to a job I KNOW if it is a flipped account. Just by reading the address i will know it is a flipped account. However I wont know why it was flipped. Was it because it needed to be because of a change in the account which Dish rules would not allow for or is it just out right fraud. Some you can tell and some you can't at that point it becomes a judgment call for the installer.

I would see the altered address at the office before heading out and call corporate or have dispatch call corporate before I left out and 9 times out of ten the install would be cancelled because it was found that the retailer ( usually vmc satellite ) had flipped the customer. Now there are customers who know about the flipping because its discussed on sites like this and others just as "moving " is discussed.

Seems to me that telling people how to "move" as well as any discussion about "adding an apt # to your address" or "sign up using your wife's name" shouldn't be allowed here anymore then....

Seems to me that telling people how to "move" as well as any discussion about "adding an apt # to your address" or "sign up using your wife's name" shouldn't be allowed here anymore then....

They never should have been...

I agree with Hall for the most part,
About the "moving" part though most times they do it here on satellite guys to receive HD locals. while in the process they still lose their own In market locals in the process. To me this has nothing to do with retailers. This is a game customers play with E*. And again E* could take complete control of this if they cared and wanted to. Plus by "moving" the customer isn't getting any free be's out of the deal.
Now if your Changing your address to get free quipment, Well I'm not sure that possible for a customer to do without the help from a retailer.
Dishnetwork also has a real moving program too that quailifys customers for promotion, But again E* is reinstalling your equipment,So its not to easy to Lie about where you live.
But don't get me wrong "Hall"
I agree with you on not discussing using spouses name and false address loopholes,to fraud E* to get new customer promotion. Spouses though not all family members that don't even live in the same house.
Not directed at Hall.
Not getting new customer benifits because my mother-in-law has E* sorry but thats completely legal and thats not whats getting retailers fired as discussed in another retailer thread.

Last edited:
Wow... this original topic has gone all sorts of directions. I'd have to agree with Claude.... it's pretty difficult to "accidentally" flip an account. So the retailers that have been terminated must be pretty serious offenders. Customers do put a lot of pressure on the retailers because everybody wants free..free..free. But giving into that pressure by circumventing the rules puts the retailer at fault. So far I haven't seen the big money makers for E* getting any heat though. Of course I'm talking about the phone companies (no names mentioned) that offer to bundle your phone/internet/dish all one one bill and save you money. Trying to move an existing account so you can bundle and save money is pretty difficult and I've seen a lot of "flipping" there where the husband cancels and the wife signs up.. but unless things have changed making it easier to bundle I haven't seen that one addressed yet.
Point is though... as Claude said... it's hard to not know you're breaking the rules with the current system so those that have been terminated can't blame the customers.

About the "moving" part though most times they do it here on satellite guys to receive HD locals ... This is a game customers play with E*. And again E* could take complete control of this if they cared and wanted to. Plus by "moving" the customer isn't getting any free be's out of the deal.
This thread was as good a place as any to bring it up, but yes, this is a customer-to-Dish "game". In the end though, it's wrong and, IMO, discussions shouldn't be allowed. If Dish starts cracking down on it, good for them. I've always said that Dish should ask for proof of a customer's "new address" that they just moved to.

Could Dish get in trouble with the local TV stations and/or the national networks over this ? Dish could argue "we took the customer's word for this", of course and unless there's rules or agreements saying proof is req'd, Dish did nothing "wrong".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)