DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

This is just typicle FCC stupidity. Instead of just telling Charlie he has to pay back the discount and close the door on it all they'd rather go thru the whole process all over again. And suppose Charlie is the high bidder next time too, then what? They act like little children.

This is just typicle FCC stupidity. Instead of just telling Charlie he has to pay back the discount and close the door on it all they'd rather go thru the whole process all over again. And suppose Charlie is the high bidder next time too, then what? They act like little children.
Yeah....it's just a shake down by government.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Well it isn't fair to all the mom and pop street corner businesses that wanted to try and buy that spectrum. :D

I still remember Blockbuster. How long did that last after Dish purchased it?

I remember I was on a plane going to Las Vegas and the plane landed and more people got on who were going to Vegas.

A guy came and sat next to me and I thought I knew him from somewhere. About halfway through the flight he asked me if my name was Scott. When he asked it suddenly dawned on me who he was. He was Michael Kelly the CEO of Blockbuster.

He was big into satellite when he owned Kelly Broadcasting. So for the rest of the flight we talked about the glory days of Satellite.

We did talk about Blockbuster a bit and he knew the writing was on the wall. Dish never properly executed the deal which in part was to rebrand Dish PPV as Blockbuster. Where you could have a Blockbuster store at your fingertips.

I remember the first Hopper had the Blockbuster logo on it for that reason but it never really came to be.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I last flew (for a funeral) Spirit only offered Scrunch Class.

Yeah it's not the most comfortable flight, but it's cheap. I'm flying nonstop from Kansas City to Las Vegas in February and it's only $40 each way. I'll take the seating discomfort in exchange for the pocketbook comfort ;)

I've also discovered a guy on Ebay who sells "personal item bags" that fit Spirit and Frontier's guidelines for free bags. That saves another $45-$55.

Reactions: navychop
When I last flew (for a funeral) Spirit only offered Scrunch Class.
Last time I flew it was on spirit and it was definitely tighter than a Nun. There computers were done and probably 600 to 700 people missed there flights.
I had pre checked in online and could of made my flight because I had no bags to check but I waited inline and missed it.
Was supposed to be in Vegas at 7 am but had to sit in the bar for 8 hours in Detroit (cost me $250 for me and my girl) then fly to Minneapolis and from there to Vegas.
Arrived at 7 pm With barely enough time to make the Clapton concert.

Last time I flew it was on spirit and it was definitely tighter than a Nun. There computers were done and probably 600 to 700 people missed there flights.
I had pre checked in online and could of made my flight because I had no bags to check but I waited inline and missed it.
Was supposed to be in Vegas at 7 am but had to sit in the bar for 8 hours in Detroit (cost me $250 for me and my girl) then fly to Minneapolis and from there to Vegas.
Arrived at 7 pm With barely enough time to make the Clapton concert.
“Tighter than a nun”.... well, a new phrase is going to start getting tossed around my office.

Wow. DId you realize they use jets these days? No propellers! ;) :D
Believe it or not, but my first flight was in a Lockheed L1011. You could roll down the windows if the smoke bothered you.
(Just kidding!)

Not kidding is that I got mad when they created smoking sections. Before that you could smoke wherever you were seated. I felt like a second class citizen when they moved us to the back of the plane. Don't even ask my what I think of masks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)