DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

I've always thought that airlines should board the persons in the rear first then fill toward the front. Much more efficient, no more fat ladies in first class holding up everybody while she tries to get all her luggage stowed.

Then those in the front get off first, which is how it usually happens naturally.

My first flight was in a piper cub, but my first airline flight was in a DC-9. I remember being pinned to my seat as the mighty jet engines flung us down the runway - 42 years ago.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, but my first flight was in a Lockheed L1011. You could roll down the windows if the smoke bothered you.
(Just kidding!)

Not kidding is that I got mad when they created smoking sections. Before that you could smoke wherever you were seated. I felt like a second class citizen when they moved us to the back of the plane. Don't even ask my what I think of masks!
Out of curiosity do you still smoke? (big fatties don't count)

My first flight was in a piper cub, but my first airline flight was in a DC-9. I remember being pinned to my seat as the mighty jet engines flung us down the runway - 42 years ago.
Two engine airliners are enormously overpowered because... They have to be able to take off, fully loaded, even if one engine fails at a critical moment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Was that because they tried to save money by using chimpanzee glue?
Don't get me started on that "alien tape". Yes, it is remarkable. But the ads show them sticking narrow shelves on the wall and it stays. I tried doing that with two small shelves, and they both started drooping. So, this tape (engineered material based on gecko's foot hairs) is supposed to come off if you start from one end and go to the other. When I tried to do that, they ripped the paint off along with several layers of the drywall! So much for doing no wall damage. :crying

• Sad
Reactions: navychop
My wife recently got me to stop smoking and start vaping. It’s dumb as hell but it was mostly effective. Unfortunately, because so many people smoke in my life and I have a high stress job.... I need a fix every so often. Smoked one today....

Do
My wife, who has smoked Kools for 50 years has a dilemma coming. Menthol cigarettes can not be sold in California beginning January1! Maybe I can convince her to finally quit! :)
Does that include non menthols that can be turned into menthols, such as Kamel Crush?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Do

Does that include non menthols that can be turned into menthols, such as Kamel Crush?
I think you are referring to e-cigs and I am referring to the real cigarettes. I have no idea about the e versions and I don’t think my wife is interested in vaping.

I think you are referring to e-cigs and I am referring to the real cigarettes. I have no idea about the e versions and I don’t think my wife is interested in vaping.
No, the actual cigarettes. Kamel Crush are regular flavor, but while smoking, if you want to turn it into a menthol, you just crush the thing built into the filter. It’s what my wife smokes. I am the one that started vaping. It’s really stupid and I feel like I am smoking a pineapple half the time, but it helps with not wanting cigarettes all the time. It’s not the same thing though. It’s got a slow release for the nicotine effect whereas a cigarette was pretty immediate.