DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

Ah, I see. I think it will be banned here because it still has the menthol available in the cigarette.
I can see how Eddie can get that one through. If asking for ID is racist because the minority community has struggles getting an ID, and making unhealthy food more easily available in low income areas is racist(the insinuation is the the African American community makes up a large part so it is a slight against them specifically in the eyes of the woke melanin deficient individuals), than outlawing menthol, which is traditionally smoked by the same crowd although I would care to say it is shared equally with all races and genders, could also be considered racist. I wonder if I could find any articles on that. You gave me something to do tomorrow Bobby.

Reactions: eddie willers
IIRC the design of the plane was fine, the accident was cause by AA maintenance staff not following procedures removing/replacing the engine causing a crack in the bracket that attached the engine to the wing.
Yeah. To make sure it was a DC-10 I remembered, I went to Wikipedia (I know....I know...). As far as I had remembered, the engine came off and it was grounded and that was the end of the DC-10. I was quite wrong (except that it was the DC-10 where the engine fell off). They did find it was a maintenance problem (American Airlines doing it different from Douglas instruction), was fixed and the DC-10 stayed in service for about 10 years. (But I don't think in US airspace). I don't remember ever seeing them again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah. To make sure it was a DC-10 I remembered, I went to Wikipedia (I know....I know...). As far as I had remembered, the engine came off and it was grounded and that was the end of the DC-10. I was quite wrong (except that it was the DC-10 where the engine fell off). They did find it was a maintenance problem (American Airlines doing it different from Douglas instruction), was fixed and the DC-10 stayed in service for about 10 years. (But I don't think in US airspace). I don't remember ever seeing them again.
The were still flying in the US after being ungrounded. Took them from ORD to HNL on AA a few years later.

And don’t forget that there was a United DC-10 that crashed in Iowa due to the tail engine blowing up and severing the hydraulic lines causing loss of control of the flight surfaces.

The were still flying in the US after being ungrounded. Took them from ORD to HNL on AA a few years later.

And don’t forget that there was a United DC-10 that crashed in Iowa due to the tail engine blowing up and severing the hydraulic lines causing loss of control of the flight surfaces.
I lived, (and live) in Metro Atlanta and at the time (before deregulation or whatever it was called) Delta and Eastern dominated. Neither flew DC-10s. Which could explain why I never saw one again. :biggrin

I can see how Eddie can get that one through. If asking for ID is racist because the minority community has struggles getting an ID, and making unhealthy food more easily available in low income areas is racist(the insinuation is the the African American community makes up a large part so it is a slight against them specifically in the eyes of the woke melanin deficient individuals), than outlawing menthol, which is traditionally smoked by the same crowd although I would care to say it is shared equally with all races and genders, could also be considered racist. I wonder if I could find any articles on that. You gave me something to do tomorrow Bobby.
Check on Colt 45 while you're at it.

Why....is it considered racist?
Political dispersions aside, it has to do with the belief that menthol and other flavored tobaccos lead young people to become addicted more easily. Because it is easy to circumvent age related purchases they are just making it unavailable to anybody. Massachusetts has already enacted the same ban. Congress, both House and Senate, is also looking to enact a national ban.

Political dispersions aside, it has to do with the belief that menthol and other flavored tobaccos lead young people to become addicted more easily. Because it is easy to circumvent age related purchases they are just making it unavailable to anybody. Massachusetts has already enacted the same ban. Congress, both House and Senate, is also looking to enact a national ban.

But states are legalizing weed. Makes no sense to me.

Neither rum nor weed are addictive, used moderately, cigarettes are, even used moderately.
As an alcoholic (last drink Feb. 2, 1999) I strongly disagree. Cigarettes do not break up families nor cause such despair that suicide is deemed a viable option. For too many people (metabolism, genetics...who knows?) alcohol is the very worst thing that can enter your body. Weed is nowhere near as destructive, but it is not good and often goes hand in hand with alcohol.

As you can tell by my screen name and avatar, I am an Objectivist (an intelligent and pragmatic libertarian, I like to say :)) and I do not want the hand of government to determine what you put in your own body. But it also shouldn't promote things that are destructive.

I always thought that was an appealing, well-engineered airliner. Then an engine fell off. :crying
That was the McDonald-Douglas DC-10, the ugly duckling of the Tri-Jet Jumbos.
(edit: that's what I get for posting a reply before reading all the following posts. Sorry for the Department of Redundancy Department, City of Columbia City post...)

Reactions: charlesrshell
No, I'm fighting bladder cancer thanks to my co-workers who smoked, I never did, plus working in bars doing satellite work

I HATE CIGARETTES
To further that, I have lost my father, mother, step-mother, mother in law, and brother to lung cancer, all smokers. I am not looking forward to my wife following that line. Cigarettes are deadly!

To further that, I have lost my father, mother, step-mother, mother in law, and brother to lung cancer, all smokers. I am not looking forward to my wife following that line. Cigarettes are deadly!

I agree- I quit smoking 4 years ago and never looked back. I just see hypocrisy in the idea that we should ban cigarettes but legalize weed. Recently I was on a date with a woman who told me to eat an entire edible she brought with her. It f**ked me up worse than anything I've ever done. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. To me that seems way more dangerous than a cigarette.