DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

I found out last month I have prostate cancer. When talking with the Dr. he asked about smoking. My brother and I never have but our parents were heavy smokers. When I was working in the 70's and early 80 I worked with a lot of people who smoked in the office. My wife would have me strip off my clothes in the garage when I came home from work because they smelled so bad of smoke. My brother has prostate and bladder cancer. The doctor said since we both have cancer it could be from second hand smoke.

I found out last month I have prostate cancer. When talking with the Dr. he asked about smoking. My brother and I never have but our parents were heavy smokers. When I was working in the 70's and early 80 I worked with a lot of people who smoked in the office. My wife would have me strip off my clothes in the garage when I came home from work because they smelled so bad of smoke. My brother has prostate and bladder cancer. The doctor said since we both have cancer it could be from second hand smoke.
I'm not a doctor but also have prostate cancer. I will say this, a man who has any age about him is going to have prostate cancer. Every man that I call a friend, and we are all elders, has it. If it is slow moving it is not an issue. My urologist tells me that I will die from something else before this cancer will rear its ugly head.

Jesus! Am I the only old fart aging male around here w/o prostate cancer? The only smoker I had in the family was my dad who smoked a pipe. Like Bill Cinton, he claimed he didn't inhale. :rolleyes: Of course he died of lung cancer. :crying

Jesus! Am I the only old fart aging male around here w/o prostate cancer? The only smoker I had in the family was my dad who smoked a pipe. Like Bill Cinton, he claimed he didn't inhale. :rolleyes: Of course he died of lung cancer. :crying
I have Prostate BPH, diagnosed 1992 when I was only 44 years of old age. My father died of prostate cancer and I was a heavy smoker so I get a yearly checkup. PSA readings and digital inspections are doing good so far.

Last edited:
Not the only one... I'm 77 and have no signs of prostate or any other cancers so far. My mother was a heavy smoker as I was growing up and I smoked up to two packs a day until I quit in 2003. Regular PSA tests and DRE's haven't found any prostate problems yet beyond a mild age related enlargement.

I went by the Riverfront Dish facility in Littleton tonight. There appears to be a lot of construction going on. At one time it was Dish's headquarters which has now moved to Meridian, south of Denver.
Wondering if the work is related to Dish's new wireless adventurers?

( Did I do a good job of getting back on topic?) :)

Reactions: Foxbat and NYDutch
Speaking of their new wireless adventures, I’m wondering when/if they will start offering post-paid plans, bundling deals, etc.
I’ve been with Dish for almost a quarter of a century, so bundling their Satellite TV together with their Mobile Communications plans would work for me.
I must be in the wrong thread, I thought this was about Dish going into the wireless carrier business, not airplanes, airlines, and cigarettes. :confused:
”I’d rather fight than switch!”
047F8EC9-6C22-4251-B30D-8B6EAE7C5407.jpeg
(Did I do a good job of getting back on topic?) :)
I’ll give you points for trying, but with this group, I’m sure we’re heading back into the weeds in a few posts!

Yup, and include the part of the service in as an Amazon Prime perk and just wait and see the amount of people porting from other carriers!

Don't tell me that hasn't been talked about. Amazon sells the phones and the service is included in Prime! Even if Prime goes up $10 a month like Amazon Music Unlimited, it would be billions!

Charlie and Bezo's ain't stupid!

Reactions: navychop
No way in heck would it be that cheap. That would likely spark a monopoly fight. Certainly, Amazon has something to gain, but I've got to wonder how much Amazon would want to be in cellular to begin with. Amazon is in Cloud storage and access to the 5G trunk lines would be priceless to them.

So Amazon has access to quadrillions of dollars in cash, and Dish has 5G spectrum rights and is now one of the largest cell phone companies in the country, despite lacking owned towers. I think the marriage is the cash for towers -> 5G trunk access.

No way in heck would it be that cheap. That would likely spark a monopoly fight. Certainly, Amazon has something to gain, but I've got to wonder how much Amazon would want to be in cellular to begin with. Amazon is in Cloud storage and access to the 5G trunk lines would be priceless to them.

So Amazon has access to quadrillions of dollars in cash, and Dish has 5G spectrum rights and is now one of the largest cell phone companies in the country, despite lacking owned towers. I think the marriage is the cash for towers -> 5G trunk access.
Amazon has said multiple times they want in the cell industry. They were a contender initially for T-Mobile, but the investment to make it viable wasn’t smart. Partnering, on the other hand, is a great opportunity for their growth for exactly what you mentioned.

Amazon has said multiple times they want in the cell industry. They were a contender initially for T-Mobile, but the investment to make it viable wasn’t smart. Partnering, on the other hand, is a great opportunity for their growth for exactly what you mentioned.
Their Amazon phone was one of the few (and the biggest) failures. I bought one when they closed them out. $50 for a $600 phone that I could only use as an iPod.

I think Bezos would like to return to the arena.

They ain't compatible either.
Bezos isn’t running Amazon anymore, either... see where this goes. The advantage to bezos and Ergen is they both founded the companies and these are the companies that made them their billions. It’s their babies and as such, their conversations are different than say someone who just took over a household name such as ATT or Verizon. There is more personal history behind both of them and they are both self made billionaires with similar overall and overlapping visions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts