DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This isn't the old days where "CDMA Phones can only do CDMA". Most recent LTE enabled CDMA phones can do a lot more for roaming purposes. Screenshot below is from the LG website for the Boost CDMA model of the Stylo 3 (LG Stylo™ 3 | Boost Mobile (LS777 Boost) | LG USA)
Its carrier locked for boost

LG (LGLS777ABB) Stylo 3 - Prepaid - Carrier Locked - Boost Mobile Amazon product ASIN B06Y6J869CView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y6J869C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_SKSJ35PJA1SR5VRD7VH5

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You have to look at the specific version
The LS777 version used by Boost Mobile has the "Advanced Callng", "HD Voice" VoLTE feature. Scroll down to the "Voice" section:

Reactions: charlesrshell
The LS777 version used by Boost Mobile has the "Advanced Callng", "HD Voice" VoLTE feature. Scroll down to the "Voice" section:

Its carrier locked...he would have to jail break the phone

Its carrier locked...he would have to jail break the phone
Or ask Boost to unlock it:

Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:
  • The device is SIM unlock capable
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
  • The associated account is active and in good standing

Its a software thing on the phone
some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., a SIM unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network). NOTE: Not all devices are capable of having the SIM slot unlocked.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks again to everyone. The depth of knowledge of the members here has been demonstrated again. And once again it seems I have made my question far too complicated and really succeeded in muddying the water. My basic wants are these:

I have made the decision to leave Boost Mobile and replace my 4 year old Stylo 3 with a new new GSM Samsung...model undecided...with a new carrier...undecided. I don't need many features (not a heavy texter or picture taker) or capabilities and the A32 5G has caught my fancy for new and future service.

In short all I want to do is take my current number to a new carrier with a new phone. I probably messed up in the beginning with the Boost rep by using the term "unlock" rather that simply "move my number" but the person I spoke with at Boost frightened me with her statement that my current service might become "unstable" if I start the process without having definitely selected the new carrier and phone.

I really appreciate the input from everyone who has taken their time to help me...and you have been most helpful.

Regards - Jon