Dish to bid for T-Mobile/Sprint assets

Wrong. I don't know anyone who doesn't make phone calls or plans to stop making them. Even my 15-year-old daughter and my 19-year-old brother make phone calls. You live in a fantasy land.

Millenials and Gen Z hate email, BTW. You need to do some research before you spew this nonsense.

Sure, teens and millenials use Snapchat and Facetime more than voice, but they still use it occasionally. And businesses and contractors and people in the field use voice. Contractors don't facetime their bosses.

All nonsense.
the same thing was said by ice wagons, buggy makers and many other obsolete technologies..there is a reason for the big rush to broadband...I know people with party lines ( 1 party) because they are cheaper..just because your little backwards old fashioned and behind the times neighborhood is resisting change..doesn't mean the rest of the world is not moving away from cable,satellite and traditional phone lines in huge numbers

the same thing was said by ice wagons, buggy makers and many other obsolete technologies..there is a reason for the big rush to broadband...I know people with party lines ( 1 party) because they are cheaper..just because your little backwards old fashioned and behind the times neighborhood is resisting change..doesn't mean the rest of the world is not moving away from cable,satellite and traditional phone lines in huge numbers

First of all, we use VoIP at my office and utilize all 7 of our phone lines. Most of us are on the phone the greater part of the day. Second, I don't have cable or pay satellite (FTA only) nor do I have a "traditional phone line." I utilize broadband all day and I have a $1000+ phone. My point is, I still also use it to talk to people and that isn't going to change any time soon. No matter how "old fashioned" or backward you think I am (I'm 39 and consider myself reasonably tech savvy due to my work) I don't believe people will stop calling each other. And if you disagree, that's fine, but I stand behind my position.

Last edited:

I am really not clear what you are arguing here, Juan. You seemed to be saying Dish shouldn't buy Boost because people don't make phone calls any more. Assuming that is true, that doesn't invalidate the idea that Dish should buy Boost because the replacement technologies for phone calls you mention are all IP-based services which work just fine on Boost's virtual network.

I am really not clear what you are arguing here, Juan. You seemed to be saying Dish shouldn't buy Boost because people don't make phone calls any more. Assuming that is true, that doesn't invalidate the idea that Dish should buy Boost because the replacement technologies for phone calls you mention are all IP-based services which work just fine on Boost's virtual network.

edBQBeJ.gif

Well at 50 I dread every time my phone rings as 90% of the calls are just robocalls now.
I use the phone for voice calls as little as possible. Text is my go to and then email. Unless it’s an emergency the majority of my phone calls are waiting on hold with claim departments to get claim info so I can then use email.

Well at 50 I dread every time my phone rings as 90% of the calls are just robocalls now.
I use the phone for voice calls as little as possible. Text is my go to and then email. Unless it’s an emergency the majority of my phone calls are waiting on hold with claim departments to get claim info so I can then use email.

I still call my mother :p

I still call my mother :p

That’s one of the few personal calls I still make but many times texting is easier to reach her too. Cell signal is terrible around my lake house and most times she is sitting on the front porch and doesn’t have the cell phone or the land line cordless with her. Sending a text is the only way to get a reply.

Two huge issues now threaten the T-Mobile-Sprint merger

T-Mobile Eyeing Other Options if $6B Dish Deal Doesn't Materialize - Report | Light Reading

Sounds like Charlie may be playing hardball, and he might be in the catbird seat, and I can't think of any more cliches. ;)

Those are good links with substantive information. I glean from all that the 6 Billion was the asking price DISH is saying it would try to meet, but an important distinction it isn't what DISH has offered legally as yet.
So what I posted above would appear to be true, Ergen thinks if it goes to auction he might get it for less. (That of course is a gamble to me but to Charlie his analysts may be telling him it isn't much of a gamble. Plus he still could get it even if he had to bid a bit more.
But now you throw in there is a deadline and a hold on the merger could happen and Charlie is saying come down on the price and the deal is done.

Also from those links and others it does appear DISH has the funding pretty much in place, or soon to be. And from most accounts many feel it really is the best deal out there to get a fourth company and to be 5G eventually.

:hatsoff

One of the best comedy movies of all time.

Indeed. The directors said the reason it was so funny is because Peter Graves, Lloyd Bridges, Leslie Nielsen and Robert Stack had always played serious roles before- comedy was new to them. And it worked. My favorite movie of all time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts