DISH to deliver Olympics in 4K HDR

Pepper see you did get switched, I was going to say my 2 year lock gave multiple packages to choose from during period. You can find agreement after login on lower left side of page under My Preferred Agreement.
I haven't done it yet, wanted to talk to DIRT about the implications I mentioned above, I know it would only cost me a net $9 more per month (or less since the Olympics lasts less than a month), and whether a "downgrade" fee applies and if there is any violation of the "agreement" by downgrading after I upgrade. Just don't want to get stuck in something I can't get out of easily.

I'm not seeing how you're getting only a $9 difference. I too have the Flex pack with $16 of add-ons and when I switch to AT200 in the tool I'm seeing a $24 difference, even after removing all the add-ons and locals, and assuming the price lock. Also, my eAutoPay savings of $5 disappears when I switch over to AT200. So even if the eAutoPay remained, it would still be a $19 difference.

I'm not seeing how you're getting only a $9 difference. I too have the Flex pack with $16 of add-ons and when I switch to AT200 in the tool I'm seeing a $24 difference, even after removing all the add-ons and locals, and assuming the price lock. Also, my eAutoPay savings of $5 disappears when I switch over to AT200. So even if the eAutoPay remained, it would still be a $19 difference.
dish-flex-to-at200.png

Yeah, I assumed a price lock of 69.99, since I'm not being offered the price lock when I switch, likely because I have had the Flex pack since it became available (before the price lock was introduced).

I guess that is also why I'm losing the eAutoPay discount on the potential switch.

I currently have $26 in add-ons but one of them is temporary and will be removed today. So my switch would go from $48.02 to $80.02

upload_2018-2-8_12-27-59.png

"I feel yer pain" - sure would be nice if they could just offer the same nice, fair, inexpensive price to everyone.

Reactions: pattykay
Wow, when I plug in change from Flex to top 200, bill goes from $81 to $106. Not worth it since Olympics looks pretty darn good just in HD.

Wow, when I plug in change from Flex to top 200, bill goes from $81 to $106. Not worth it since Olympics looks pretty darn good just in HD.
exactly how I feel, if dish was smart they offer to all as a teaser in effort to get people to switch as 4k programming becomes more popular. on a side note their advertising for 4k Olympic programming makes it sound like it available to all.

Reactions: pattykay
Are you removing any add-on packs that contain channels already in the AT200? My increase was also $25 until I drop the News and Heartland packs for $16, most of those channels are already in AT200.

Are you removing any add-on packs that contain channels already in the AT200? My increase was also $25 until I drop the News and Heartland packs for $16, most of those channels are already in AT200.
The only add-on I have it's the movie pack.

Weird how the price is so different for so many people. I guess I'm lucky with the $9 difference, to be honest I didn't realize I was that close, might just leave it at AT200 until the promo runs out. I went ahead and pushed the button after "JamesL" on the facebook chat assured me that he is a member of the same department where DIRT is, and I won't lose the promo pricing just by changing the base package. I'll miss BBC World News and a couple other channels I hardly watched, but now I have all the Olympic channels and saw the HDR popup on my set for the first time tonight.

Just Hopper 3. I don’t think 4K Joey can do HDR. At least not yet.

BTW, the Opening Ceremony is currently streaming live at NBCOlympics.com and on the NBC Sports app.

It does 4K, just not HDR. This is the first time Dish is attempting HDR. Ever.

I am watching the Opening Ceremony right now. And I think it will look amazing in HDR!

Reactions: charlesrshell
One of my 4K Joeys is attached to a regular HD TV. Shouldn't I still at least get the guide with channel 147-05 and 540? They are not there.

No, it’s only available on Hopper 3.

I can only speculate, but I suspect it is technically difficult if not impossible for the Hopper or 4K Joey to convert HDR to non-HDR 4K on the fly: the bandwidth is just too high!

guys there will be no streaming in 4k ok just to let you know i found that out yesterday NBC is not allowing it for the olympics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)